Mk1 zip sized engine epic journey project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Lil' Paddy, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Lil' Paddy

Lil' Paddy New Member

So I was trawling the interest and saw a Mk1 zip with a siezed motor about 180km from my place
    Going for stupid cheap so I tried to get lifts/ vans sorted and no one could move when I wanted to
    There were only 3 pics of it and I was sure I could see the tail end of a pm 360/curly pipe in one of em so decided fuck it I'll take a chance it'll be worth it for the pipe alone!
    I stripped a complete stock 50cc motor out of one of my running scoots and put all the tools I used into a bag, wrapped the motor in builders sacks and set off on a bus with the lot from Dublin at 1.30 lunch time.
    I arrives there at 5.30pm at a petrol station and gives yer man a ring he trailers the scoot down to me and I tell him of my plan and had a bit of a laugh and he heads off after signing the paper work.
    I got stuck in at the side of the petrol station about 6.30 and by 9.40 had stripped the scoot removed the motor fitted the running one (ironed out a few creases in the transplant!) and rebuilt the little thing!
    the locals there were super sound offering lifts and a phone to ring someone (they thought I'd broken down) one lad I'd been talking to earlier in the day arrived back just as I was finishing up to see if i needed chips or food and waited for the first kick up she fired I threw the tools on me back and the motor between me legs and set off for dublin about 10.30pm....
    FUCKING 5AM I rolled in me driveway I'd forgotten how painfully slow a stock 50 is!
    I was in work for 8.30 so pulled an all nighter and stayedup and went straight to work no sleep.
    When I got home I stripped the motor I found new belt,polini vario,the pm pipe and a siezed polini top end looks like she just needs a piston and a bigger carb setup right and I'll have a little screamer that cost me 110 bucks incl food for the day and bus fare!
    I'd an epic adventure and am chuffed with me new project pics to follow!

Attached Files:

scubabiker likes this.
  2. Lil' Paddy

Lil' Paddy New Member

A few pics!

Attached Files:

3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Wow!!! Epic indeed........