Mistake?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Brian L, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Brian L

Brian L New Member

Rides:
    Honda Dylan SES 125,
    Hello, I am Brian.
    I have been a classic car person/nut since ??? (1958)
    I am approaching my 84th birthday, under cars is a no no now, so decided to take on a "small" motor bike as a winter project. LOL as is now said
    A friend? put me on to a Honda SES 125, been stolen and recovered, alarm wires cut everywhere, self tapping screw hammered into the ignition switch, (I need to replace that, the switch not the screw)
    front R/H fairing smashed, rear light glass wanted. The bike is now in a million bits, how am I going to refit it all C----T knows? My main problem is to sort out the alarm wiring, which was obviously fitted originally by the manufacturers electrician, and inserted into the Honda loom, great, some lout nicked the alarm and just left the relays etc, I have bought a Haynes Manual. This has a good wiring diagram, when I find my glasses.
    So onwards and upwards, (as the window cleaner said)
    Happy New year and stay away from the variants
    Regards
    Brian

2. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

Hello Brian welcome to the forum.

I too am a bit of a nut for classic cars... cars you can actually work on without needing a degree in computers.

Electrics arent really my forte, so i usually leave those questions to members who know what they are talking about. No advise is always better than bad advise in my book.

For the panels i would search ebay for 2nd hand items, alot of bike breakers have ebay shops these days. failing that do a google search for the panels you require, that has reeped dividends for me in the past.

As an example i was looking for a brand new rear brake caliper for my Gilera Runner not so long ago. I tried buying one from 2 genuine piaggio/Gilera parts places, and was told there isnt one in the country and they are on back order from Italy with no date known for there arrival.

A google search turned up one in Germany in stock, and i had reservations about ordering from Germany, what wit Brexit and all that.
    Anyway i placed the order and 7 days later the post man was knocking my door with my shiny new caliper.

Brexit what Brexit ;)