Midlands meet... Nottingham date changed 15th july

Discussion in 'Meet Ups / Events' started by skatergod, Jan 17, 2007.

1. skatergod

skatergod New Member

right no mess around now.... i always see people saying blaa blaa i will come... but this is for real now.... a meet in shefield mabe.... is anyone intersted? i already know ben and gazel will be up for it.. any one eles??... would be good to put a face to a name :D spend a whole day up there.... if enough peps are interested i we can all set up a day??
    (MORE DETAILS ON LAST POST)

2. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    If we don't plan it months ahead then everyone will have an idea if they are busy that day or what not.

getting to sheffield ( medowhall ) would be a piece of piss and is quite central.

i'd go, but it's a shame we can't predict the weather :pimp:

3. Starkie

Starkie New Member

4. skatergod

skatergod New Member

oh yeh lol i joined that like 6 months ago and forgot :w00t: hey starkie where abouts from nottingham are you from? have to meet up sum time?? come out with me be and gaz

5. Starkie

Starkie New Member

yeh safe, soon as i get ma bike sorted ill let ya know, im from long eaton mate

6. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    well i'll deffinatly be going to MFN, it's only a 15-20 minute ride so that'll be our best bet i think.

7. Starkie

Starkie New Member

yeh, ill be on ma rs125 by then, need 2 go for a good ride before or after:p

8. skatergod

skatergod New Member

kool, same me and gaz will deffo be goin mfn, even tho its not that good, the strip i think is crap for wheelieing on :msn1:

9. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    MFN isn't really about stunts though, the idea of it is just to drool at other peoples bikes, it's only the ped guys that use the strip for stunts anyway exept a few bikers

10. gazell

gazell Active Member

im up for mfn and sheffield..doubt many people will make sheffield tho

were better of just meetin up with wobbly and tweak at some point

yes ant starkie is a long eaton lad..and he will be out cruisin soon enough

weve gotta get teggy and the boys out too...should have a good turnout

11. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    give me times, dates and locations with a bit of notice and i'm in. must get the long distance fuel tank sorted (crappy sr 8 litre tanks).

and whats MFN?? sorry, i'm a simpleton :wtf:

sheffield sounds good, just a quick blast up the motorway for me. anyone interested in matlock bath? or skeggy? actually no, its too feckin cold in skeggy.

12. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125

DONT DO IT!!!! lol, expensive to keep nice. speaking from experience. for long journeys you want to be carrying a spare piston, rings, crank, main bearings, seals..... sod it a whole engine.

but they are fast :)

13. skatergod

skatergod New Member

MFN is a thing that all derby/nottingham and mansfield bikers/ped boys go to.... and yeh shefield is like 45 mins on the motorway for me as well, skeggy sounds alright as well.... mabe when it gets warmer

14. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    MFN bike night is a great laugh, alot more bikes than peds, but last summer there were always 25-30 peds there, mostly runners too, it starts from around 4 till 11 ish

i should of taken pics, hundreds of bikes!

there's also a club / pub next to it, people selling food, drinks etc

15. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i'll have to ride down some time, it's not too far for me, the most annoying thing is having to stop for petrol all the time.

16. skatergod

skatergod New Member

he he yeh come down m8 will be a good laugh.... wobby u got msn cuz im goin to add u... lol

17. Starkie

Starkie New Member

we should all meet up at mfn earlyer than it starts and go for a cruise with as mny people as we can :pimp: you can imagine it, 20+ peds wizzin down a county road lol

18. gazell

gazell Active Member

sounds like a plan mate..me you..ant ben..teggy and the rest of the long eaton lads...should be fun

19. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    all gone quiet again, decide on a date and a time, then decide on a location and see who turns up. I've never actually seen a forum organised meet work but lets make it a first.

20. skatergod

skatergod New Member

well can most people do a weekend or a friday? if everyone can we will arange the actual date and stuff... if its shefield i know sum SICK! places to wheelie lol and sum places to go off roading if people wana.. whatever floats ur boat really..