MBK Yn 50

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Chris Pearce, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Chris Pearce

Chris Pearce New Member

Rides:
    MBK 1999 Ovetto YN50
    Hi all

I have a 1999 MBK YN50 which I inherited and have now decided to use to get to work. I know nothing about mopeds so some of my questions maybe common knowledge to some J

I have derestricted this by changing to a stock derestricted exhaust pipe (non-sport) and removing the ring on the variator.

As far as I know this is all that needs to be done.

Questions while keeping the bike stock

• Any other things that need to be done engine/carb wise?

• Should the bike have a faint petrol smell? This as more noticeable when I pull up at the lights

• Should a small amount of oil be noticeable at the rear of the exhaust and the seal with the manifold? The seal of the exhaust is good.
    thanks all

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  2. Chris Pearce

Chris Pearce New Member

Rides:
    MBK 1999 Ovetto YN50
    Well to answer part of my question the fuel line was leaking at the carb end so that's been replaced. But euro scooter parts sent a 5mm fuel line and the OEM was 6mm I've noticed a lower top end speed. would this make a difference?

3. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    The fuel line will be 5mm as it has to stretch over the carb fixings so its fine.
    The oil from the exhaust tip/ manifold could be wrong fuel/oil ratio or spark plug on its way out and not burning hot enough to ignite all the mixture.
    Check the spark plug colour.
    I could be wrong with all this but its sort of the same symptoms as mine.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Lighter rollers will change it a lot.