MBK Booster Rocket - Minarelli Vertical AC - Made in France ;)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by murerg, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I agree totally. Hence why I don't agree with people fitting 125's etc into 50's.

2. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    what sort of paint you using and where did you get it from,im tired of my engine being black

3. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

The paint is Volkswagen Brilliant Orange and some HT lacquer (3 layers each). All bought from eBay ;)

Painting is easy, cleaning the case in order for the paint to stay on was a nightmare. Never managed to get the case soda blasted so had to use petrol first then drill and light wire brush.

4. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

That s the variator cover polished. It isnt fantastic, but it is miles away from what it used to be! :p
    [​IMG]

5. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

crank is in the freezer! :D... closing back the engine case tomorrow once bearings are mounted! :D

...Just realised that I am missing a reinforced small end bearing and a petrol tap... need to order that asap! :p

Dremel is out of order as well and I need to cut some of the inner vario case in order for the overange to fit!... Gonna have to do it manually :p Sore arm in a few days!

6. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I have the chance to put my hands on a professionally modified frame to fit an aerox engine as well as a 2Fast engine bloc (modified bloc, crank, 86cc kit and exhaust) so I am looking to see if I can shift the parts I currently have :) I give myself a month to sell it all and get the other bloc otherwise I ll keep going with what I have. Quite pricey the 2Fast bloc as you would expect but it would be worth it at the end! :D

7. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Silly offers for my parts so it looks like I ll keep going on that setup then :)

Just ordered the missing parts I need. Off all next week so will be putting it all together. I ll be putting a video up of the first run.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

looking sweet as a nut mate :)

9. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Ok, thats the case closed back, overange pack, vario and ignition on. Nearly done!

Awaiting my small end bearing to put the cylinder on and set the ignition up and the squish. I havent been able to find a cheap shock absorber so I will be painting the old one (Still in very good nick) in white as well as the wheels.

Last bits should be here by the end of the week (Coming from France). The fairing arent finished as I havenmt worked on them for a while. Still considering modifying them as I just don treally like them like that :)

More to come (Picture and videos) this week.

10. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Here is a picture of the wheel before being polished. White with polished border :)
    [​IMG]
    Tomorow I am putting the engine back on the frame :) .. picture to come very likely tomorow night :)

Edgar likes this.
  11. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Wrong rear brake shoes received. Cannot fit the wheels yet :p .. Not like a few days will change anything :D

12. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    i like the colors of the engine ha niceeeee :)

13. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

had some issues with the silent blocs on the engine so had to take some stuff off... here we are again putting it all back up :) ..Slowly but Surely...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The shock absorber seems very low. I am loooking at getting an aerox one + jack up kit :)

14. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    good luck with all the wireing and stuff :confused: looking good tho

15. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I am not using the standard wiring so it wont be too hard. The lights and speedo will work on the battery direct and there is no key, only a kill switch :)

16. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    so this is gonna be a stunt machine?? haha :D

17. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

No, I will be using it.. Occasionally :p ... Definitely not an everyday ped anyway. Fuel consumption is very likely gonna be very high as well which wont help. On top of that the PVL Digital Race ignition does not have any 12v output so it limits what I can do :D

Thats the ignition back on, Put the cylinder back on as well and realised that the circlips I have are 10mm... Great. also the belt is rubbing on the case due to the overange malossi. The dremel needs to come out once again! :D

Everytime I put something on something else that goes wrong or missing! :D ... We ll get there at the end! :)

18. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Haha modding is a pain in the ass isn't it.

19. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

It really is! :p At least things are moving a bit.

...Then I am gonna pull my hair out trying to set it all up! ~Tons of rollers, jets, clutch springs waiting to go on! :D :) My neighbours are gonna love me!

... It better be a beast once finished otherwise I ll burn it down!!! :p

20. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I'm sure it would be. Be on match with me ;)