MBK Booster Rocket - Minarelli Vertical AC - Made in France ;)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by murerg, Dec 8, 2011.

1. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Hey,

Time to start my thread for my MBK Rocket Project :)

I bought the scooter a month or so ago, it was a stolen recovered scooter. was mine for the huge sum of £75! ;) The engine still runs, nothing wrong with anything other than the odd broken fairing.
    [​IMG]

The plan for the engine is:

- Malossi MHR RHQ 12mm Crank + Stage 6 HPC Bearings *Ready*
    - Cylinder Polini Evo AC - *Ready*
    - Polini Evo 2 Exhaust *Ready*
    - PVL Digital Iginition (Custom battery lighting will be added for daily use) *Ready*
    - Mallossi Overange pack *Ready*
    - Stage 6 Torque Clutch + Stage 6 Clutch Bell *Ready*
    - Stage 6 24m PKW Carb + Stage 6 Air Filter *Ready*
    - Stage 6 Intake System *Ready*
    - Malossi MHR VL14 Reed Block *Ready*
    - Transmition will be either the original one or an aerox one.

A handlebar conversion will be added. All back fairing wil be moulded into one and aerox vent scope will be moulded in front. Nitro wheels have added as well using the TNT Whell adapter.
    Orange engine case, Matte black custom fairing and white with polished border wheels.

The ped is currenlty stripped, gonna start the engine this weekend and I ll be posting as I go along :) I hope to have it finished for the end of february. I know that people dont like 50cc much and even less AC ones, but the Rocket is just such a nice ped! :)

Picture of some of the parts are below:

Malossi Overange + Stage 6 Torque Clutch
    [​IMG]

Stage 6 24mm PKW Carb + Air Filter
    [​IMG]

TNT Wheel Adapter
    [​IMG]

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :)

3. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Argh... donotlink pedstop sent me an email yesterday confiming my order was being delivered today... phoned me back today advising crank is not available anymore in 12mm (no way I am taking a 10mm with that setup!)... How come I received an email advising of the dispatch then?... Gutted... was hoping to get the engine running before christmas :(

Looks like there isnt any UK reliable scooter shop for parts :( ... back to MXS to order a polini crank then... Hopefully it will arrive before christmas unless someone is selling a 12mm crank for mina V (RHQ or Evo polini being my preferences).

4. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    there is, I have done many transactions with Ped Parts in Bristol, no problems and good prices. The guy that owns it knows his stuff, and one of the staff is on here, the current Stage6 quad bike project, amongst others.

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/

5. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

They don't offer the Stage6 crank for the minarelli vertical :( I have used them for the clutch, they are extremely quick to deliver which is really good, however they are very limited regarding parts for bws/booster models.

...Sorry should have said not reliable for bws/booster parts... That model just isnt very popular over here... Not putting the fault on the shop :) ... just disappointed about my crank not being available.

6. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    he owns three web sites, there is very little he can't get, I am building an engine for a mate as we speak, I e-mailed him for a ton of parts that are not listed on his site, within a day he e-mailed back the prices and availability of the parts, plus he gives technical explanations relative to your build. He is setting up peds on his dyno all day long, he has forgotton more, than most people know, including me.

7. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Actually I stand corrected...

Thanks very much for your advice GUNS, pedparts dont show anything on their website however they can order it and at a very decent price!!!!... Just phone them to check :p (I thought that it cant be recommended just on the what they shownon their website :p) and everything stage 6 s available on order over the phone!... oh well looks like Im gonna put an order through for a R1400 exhaust on top of my crank then and see how it compares to the MXS one! Very friendly guy that answer the phone by the way! Top Class!...

BTW, Adrenaline-pedstop were amazingly friendly as well, they just didnt offer what I was looking for! :)

Did read my post back and it did look like I was taking a dig at them here :p Not my intention at all! :D

8. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

must agree i have yet to buy parts for my ped but every time i have e-mailed ped parts they reply rather quick so im going to their shop next saturday for stage6 bore kit and maybe some other stuff lol

im looking forward to seeing how this turns out :)

9. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Joy!"... NOT!"!!!

Just took delivery of my Stage 6 Big Valve air intake... one of the metal reed is bent#![​IMG]
    Ordered it from Germany... gonna take ages to get an exchange... gutted... No way to fix it either, there is a sharp edge on it that would rip the reed when open :(
    Thinking that a standard aerox metal reed might do the trick... gonna try otherwise more delay to be expected :( Not going well just yet!

To top it all off, received the vario cover in carbon... They send me the one for Minarelli Horizontal (Aerox) and not the vertical one... Great day!!!

2 orders, 2 returns!

That on top of the crank that will never arrive just make it a great week for the start of the BEAST :)

10. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Aerox metal reed will fit. Ordered and will get that sorted. Quicker thjan sending it back to germany :) Carbon cover is being sent back. ~No exchang epossible as they dont have the correct one... will have to find it from somewhere else...

11. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Actually, just ordered a Malossi MHR VL14 reed block. The block in the stage 6 isnt amazing anyway. Problem sorted :)

Awaiting the front face of the nitro, I, ll then be starting to install it on the rocket front face :) ... Gonna be interesting!

12. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Ok, Got the valve sorted for the time being. Got the PVL ignition as well :) Only waiting on cylinder and exhaust and of course on a crank and we are ready to start the set up.

Stage 6 Big Valve
    [​IMG]

PVL Digital Ignition
    [​IMG]

13. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Looking good so far :)

14. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Malossi MHR RHQ 12mm Crank found brand new for 90 euros! :)

The joy of having family back in france that can purchase things and send them over! :D Should be there just after new year!

Only waiting on cylinder and exhaust now!... Email received from MXS that cylinder is not available in 12mm at the moment so gonna wait until after new year and if still not available will go for the MHR racing + MHR Racing exhaust (Although I dont think it will performa as well as the MXS.... 14/15bhp against 18bhp for the stock mxs one!)

Photo of the modified panels to come soon :)

15. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Well, already some changes...

Gonna adapt a spirit front face (with aerox vents moulded in) instead of the rocket one. The spirit front face is just a lot more "racing" and the front light is nicer as well to play with :)

Also the overall colour will be different... dropping the carbon effect as after some testing with the carbon sheets I realised that it wont last time due to our beautiful scottish weather. 3M Di-noc just does not resist the rain we get in here in scotland (Scoot will be used for a very short journey everyday) and keeps peeling after a few days in the rain :( Shame I already bought all the paint and the carbon sheets ! :( I have some real carbon sheet and resin but That is just taking it a step too far for me ...

Instead a matte white with neon pink wheels will be done! LOL ... very similar to that colourwise:
    [​IMG]

Started the back moulding all the back fairing together already. Gonna add a underseat tray in the fairing as well :) Need to fix some dents on the fairing as well... Photos to come between Christmas and New Year.

Trying to order the parts of a spirit I require as well... not that many available on ebay or nearby at the moment. Hopefully something will come up soon otherwise I need to place a new order from outside the uk :(

Finally, the engine bloc was supposed tonbe painted orange... obvisouly now I either polish it or paint it White or black... not decided yet. I think polishing it will require way too much upkeep which I am not sure I want to do! :p and I def do not want to leave it the way it is.

16. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Oh Forgot. Standard rear lights/indocators will go as well. Gonna replace them with some LED strips. Same for indicators. Gonna be looking for something that can be easily integrated in the new mono fairing shortly! :)

17. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Is that Nitro I see ?

18. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Yep, that one has a nitro can fitted. It is a run project though done by one of the medorateur on the MXS forum
    (Colimeca). Not sure how much money or time went into that but clearly it is a nice piece at the end.

19. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Indeed. See it's got a rox conversion too, you not thought about fitting a aerox engine ?

20. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I did think about it at first however not to keen on altering the frame of the ped which is needed for the horizontal engine to go on. I ll def do an aerox once Im done with that one though.