MBK 100CC OIL PUMP LOCATION 2003

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by YamahaOvetto91, Jun 15, 2020.

1. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

does anyone know where the oil pump would be located on this scooter ?

I have looked everywhere online and cannot find a location anywhere and it doesn't mention anything like this in any manuals I have found.

If anyone has any pictures or anything they can give me to show the location that would be great.

Cheers in advance

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I found out that MBK were made by Yamaha in France, so this 100cc engine could be the same as the Yamaha YN100 for same year.
    the pump is the same as the 50cc version and is behind the cooling shroud over the cylinder. You would have to take the shroud off the flywheel then the same side shroud over the cylinder.
    Hope this helps

https://www.bike-parts-yam.com/yama...TO/YN100/OIL-PUMP/2004_58053-58053/04/0/37312

3. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Thank you for your reply, is the flywheel near the belt etc, so the pump is behind the other side casing part , or are you talking about the right side next to the exhaust that plastic cowling ?

4. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
  5. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

6. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    It is quite easy to do, however you need a small 1/4 drive socket set to get to the bolts, and make sure you have a container ready as when you pull the pipe off the pump the oil tank will empty.
    Do you think you have a problem with the pump ?

7. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah the oil pump has broken off into two parts according to the previous owner, ive ordered one and will be here this week, im thinking that I will replace the whole thing instead of just 1 half as these pumps are bolted together, god knows why they took it out took pics and then stuck it back in makes no sense , when i can ill take photos and show you etc

Thanks for replies

8. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    OK
    If I was you take off flywheel,stator and cover casing and check pump drive gear as these are plastic.

9. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I was going to mention that, i will be checking everything to make sure that nothing else is broken inside as its a big issue , i was thinking pre mix however I want to sell it and make sure its more convenient to just top up oil in a sperate tank so people don't get put off the idea of premix and what to use and percentage

10. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Yes exactly
    I had a 50cc like your 100cc but you cannot find any spec on petrol/oil ratio for mix, and as you say better if all running OK
    Your need a flywheel puller and a good pair of external circlip pliers, 1/4 drive socket set and the normal tools
    OH and a flywheel holder to tighten the flywheel nut when you put back together

11. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah once I have a good idea of whats going on then I will be able to say nothing else is broken so just replace oil pump , ive bought new ignition, new battery,new plug ,new oil pump, got a fair bit to do but everything else is simple other than oil pump

12. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Great
    Once you find the pump and change it you think to yourself,"that was easy"
    Hope to hear everything goes to plan and keep us informed

13. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah will do ! Hopefully goes to plan

14. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Oil pump is the wrong one, it doesn't have the end for the cable to go in and open the pump to allow oil in it, took the side case off looked horrible, let me know if you have WhatsApp and I'll send some images mate

15. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    sorry no whatsapp, but you can post photos on here.
    Copy and paste photo I believe
    What was horrible behind side case

16. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I cant they are too large in mb and size of photo

17. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Never used messaging on here but could try that, may allow bigger photos

18. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Is the one you got like this ?
    [​IMG]

19. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Or this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  20. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

The first picture is what I bought , I need the same length as first picture but need it so I can put a cable on it so it releases oil when throttle is pulled i believe