Malossi MHR Racing Cylinder Question

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by leo015, Dec 3, 2013.

1. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Well, if you put a Yasuni 'R' on there and keep the roller weight up then it should be very nice to ride and it won't rev that high. So ring wear will be about the same as a standard engine. But you'll be moving a lot faster. And the acceleration will be lovely. I ride this exact same configuration - with a little giggery-pokery.

2. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    These are some configurations i have in mind, tell me what you think about them. (In all the configurations the cylinder is S6 Sport Pro and the rollers weight between 4 and 4.5g) Oh also beard in mind i have installed a Dellorto 21 Carb on my scoot.

1) S6 Pro Rep pipe
    2) Yasuni C16 pipe
    3) Malossi MHR Team pipe
    4) S6 Pro pipe

Thanks for helping me out mate, really appreciate it!

3. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    If you want to go fast - get a C16 - I've tried it (I have all the Yas exhausts except the C20). With careful set up it goes really well. But for all days I use the Yas R. Less noise, nearly as fast - and easier to set up.

Depends what you want (& how regularly you're in proximity to the old bill).

Just my take on it -

4. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    A friend just told me he'd sell me his Yas C21 for 100 Euros because he'll get a C30. Is it worth it?

5. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    The 21 is too much for the sport pro. Look at the pedparts graphs. All the information is there.

6. ramon777

ramon777 The newkid on the block

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    NOOOO, you didn't read my explanation did you?
    Or do you not understand it?

I already told ya, don't think on the mhr team exhaust anymore... only thing this exhaust will do on the cilinder is looking good, performance is nada noppes, nothing.
    It has a to high powerband for that cilinder, Same with the C21!
    Its way to high......
    those exhausts need a powerband arround the 14.000RPM to perform wel!
    Your stage6 pro of mhr replica is arround 12.500 max!

Besides that, the cilinders you need to use with the C21 or MHR team need also other stuff, like ignition!
    Riding with your stock ignition welll the gas response is gonna lame... and you have zero power when driving off.....

Stage6 pro with c16 can do verry fun.
    Or with stock ignition you might also go for a yasuni R, thats holding in a little, but it will have some power when driving away, the C16 with stock ignition will still be a little lame.

To give some idea about the performance.

This is with a Top performance due plus, this cilinder you can compare with the stage6 pro when you look at performance, only then in ironcast version.
    This is with yasuni C16 ( carrera version not the city )
    19mm Dellorto,
    vl14 reedvalve ( you don't need this, carbon fiber reeds is already enough, more for the damage if they break, the carbon will just burn away, the metal reeds will destroy your engine ;)
    And a HPI rotor ignition, this makes it pretty jumpy,
    Thats what you see, but it can also come pretty much to this when modifieing you stock ignition, do get the ignitiontiming a little earlier.

7. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Hmm now i understand what you're saying! Didnt get it on the first time. Can you explain about the ignition please?

8. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    about the stock ignition? or the rotor ignition?

9. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    About the thing you said that i need to change ignition or it will be lame

10. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    that is whit a highend cilinder....
    With the mhr team cilinder and the team exhaust....
    But thats not just it ;)
    Need a bigger carb or you can stick to the 19mm/21mm but you will have not so much hp.
    but can be good on the street, pretty wide powerband if the cilinder and exhaust are capable of that.

But next to that, other crankshaft, other intake, other transmission, other gearing etcetcetc, a lot of things what come looking about that ;)
    its not just bouting up, make sure that the piston and cilinder are set on time ( squish is that called here in holland, mean that it is detonition time called in the UK, not sure )
    make sure that the space between the 2 sides of the pistonring while in the cilinderplaced is good, not to wide not to close.
    If the rotor ignition is not set good on time, you burn a hole in your piston...
    You also need to think about the right sparkplug, a to heat sparkplug also burns a hole in your pistonhead.

etcetcetc.
    A lot of things what are important, start low, and work your way up like i sayd before.

About earlying the sparktiming from the stock ignition, well thats only able with the old type of ignition, not sure what year your scooter is? aerox isn't it?

Becouse with the new type of ignition it isn't a good idea...

11. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    I have a Beta Ark 2008 LC. Same engine as aerox (minarelli)

12. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    ok, well, with beta i don't know, they have a differend ignition, orr better saying, they have a cdi and bobine togetter, how it is with those i don't know out of my head, gotta have to ask that to someone else who is more into the beta ark world.

13. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Another question, which clutch would be good for my setup?