Malossi MHR Racing Cylinder Question

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by leo015, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ramon777

ramon777 The newkid on the block

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    yes, but if you could place a 2 ring piston in a pro it still will run nice,
    The only reason why most midrange cilinders are singlering is becouse of the friction, More rings means more friction, at high rpm it can couse problems.

For daily use double ring is better and more stable.

my yamaha aerox does have a top performance due + with a stage6 streetrace piston ( double ring )
    But still, its a midrange cilinder, the reason why you have to change early the pistons is becouse the nicasil wall in the cilinder is really hard, so the piston takes all the friction, while the nicasil wall has not much damage of usemarks to say it simple.

i hope you understand it a little, i just can't put everything on line how i would do when writing dutch :p
    so it can happen some lines don't make any sense hahahah :p

2. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    So you believe that the Sport Pro would be suitable for daily use? Also would it be better with a Pro Replica exhaust or a MHR Team?

3. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Well I've been caning mine for 8 months literally without looking at it - and it wasn't the kit's fault it stopped working. If I had replaced the roller cage when I put it on - I'd still be caning it now.

As for the exhaust - I cannot say. Put the best on it you have to hand. But if it revs high (and if you put an MHR team - it will rev high if set up right) then be prepared to change rings every 6 months.

If you put a Pro Rep on it - you'll get less 'power' but a simpler life - lower revs - more torque - and less time playing with the carb & the transmission.

The beauty of the sport pro is that you can decide.

PS - agree with Ramon too - but I'm finished with cast iron. 'Schreet op ! Varker stront ! '

4. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    So by the same thinking would the MHR Racing cylinder be the same? I've also been told that i can install it without a racing crankshaft

5. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    replica is a bad performing exhaust... sadly enough even verry peaky wat makes it not easy to adjust to an engine.
    When going for a s6 pro ( or mhr replica ) my opinion is most times a yasuni C16, becouse of the quality and the nice sound, yasuni has real nice silencers, a stage6 pro ( and replica ) exhaust are verry verry noisy.

But if you want to use one, than buy a stage6 pro exhaust, not the replica.

And please forget about the mhr team exhaust ;) its not suitable for you setup or cilinders for your use.

Fastes cilinder for daily use in my eyes is a stage6 racing, ( still midrange section ) but for you, without any knowledge not recommended, start low and learn your way up ;)

@Turbovetto.
    I would not reccomend an c21 from yasuni on a stage6 pro ;) way overpowered to say it easy, s6 pro has his powerband on 12,500RPM a C21 does have somewhere arround 14.000/14.500RPM

you place that exhaust without any rotor ignition, it won't run nice... verry slacky in the beginning with abselutely no power.
    And even with a rotor ignition i won't use it.

and about the stage6 parts, well, its nice for what you pay, but even a stage6 racing can never fight against a stock polini evo1.

a stock stage6 racing untuned does about 14/16hp, tuned/ported something against 17/18hp but thats it, a stock evo does over 20hp with some adjusting work, but still, its able to do ;)

stage6 has nice parts, and now with the R/T cilinder its finally something what can race against the evo/speed/manston and some other cilinders.

They are verry good in marketing, but the delivering of stage6 sucks verry verry hard!
    They make parts like 6 months, and then they sell 6 months, and then they start producing again, soo its not a nice stream of parts.
    When the cilinders like the stage6 racing in the 2nd month in the 6 months sale is saled out, you have to wait almost a year ( 4+6 months ).

Besides that, stage6 doesn't produce their parts theirself, its all bought from other company's just with a stage6 logo or sometimes even only a simpel sticker from a few cents.... pretty pretty cheap...
    The "logo" on my stage6 frontforks ( most expensive edition ) are just simple stickers....

Speedometers are from koso.
    Carbs are from OKO,Mikuni or dellorto.
    etcetcetc, and i can come up with some more facts about stage6 and their products.
    Its nice for what you get, but stage6 parts arent stuff from heaven :p

6. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Its becauase i already have the MHR exhaust
    At my house ready to be fitted :D irs a pitty spending money tl buy something else. What's the most powerful cylinder for daily use and with what exhaust combo? What about the Yas C20?

7. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    I have no idea because I have never tries an MHR rep. I have an MHR team 2 and while it's easier than - say - a Metrakit Pro race to set up - I only put Doppler endurance cranks in my engines. Which are tougher than coffin nails.

You have to understand that everyone here is trying to point you towards more power - but with a degree of reliability & ease of set up. By all means try it with the MHR rep - but be advised - you will either succeed - or not. It depends a lot on the gear - but most of all on you. You have to do some reading. Google is your friend. There is a ton of stuff on the net - but aim for Two stroke theory books rather than hearsay on forums. A little theory goes a long way before you get the spanners out.

Good luck -

PS - Ramon's exhaust advice is better than mine. I'd just slap a Yas 'R' on there. Works for me.

8. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    PS - I agree with Ramon on everything he said - except the Sport Pro ! It's great.
    And Ramon ! You never congratulated me on my dutch ! Hondenlul ! (Just kidding)

9. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    mhr exhaust is about the range like C21.

Way to high for a midrange cilinder.
    About the doppler cranks, they are good, but the standard doppler needle bearing they deliver with the crank, thats a problem, those bearings have problems, and break easy of you go run with much power.

So i mostly change them for malossi or something.

But like turbo says, start reading ;)
    All my experience has come with the years, its not just something you learn in a few days,
    Start low, and do it step for step, lean step by step.
    read and learn, and if you got questions and something doesn't make sense or u just can't get it, than shoot out the question to a person who does have experience ;)

But please, start reading information about how a 2stroke engine works and what does what ;)
    Just asking questions like: will this cilinder be able to drive with this exhaust won't get you any furter,
    Go back to the post about my explination over the powerbands where exhaust and cilinders are build up for ;)
    And keep that in your backhead while reading about cilinders en exhausts ;)

About the s6 pro, its a great cilinder, you don't hear me saying that do you? :p
    i ment more the stage6 racing what people think its like almighty god :p

And well, shouting bad dutch worts is written on your body to do i see hahahaha :p

10. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Malossi Team 2 is God. Everybody knows this ! Only beaten by Metrakit Pro Race (if you can set it up)........
    Holiander praten de cut !:D

11. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    mwehh, just the mhr team isn't that exiting ;) its more like a evo1 or manston 2, Mhr speed 7t is faster ;)
    more transfer ports ( team has 6 the speed has 7 ) or the team2 is the new speed version?
    You mean the version you have to make changes to the engine itself to fit?
    of the one you just can boult on? :p

and prorace :p mwehh,, not my choise, i would love to have a evo1 then, some power in hp's able when stock, but on lower rpm, prorace cilinders are verry screamy while still heaving the same power than a evo1 with less rpm :p

^^
    Had a evo1 a while ago, but made an exhangement just 3 weaks ago for a bigbore 86cc :p thats a mean machine :p hahaha :p

12. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    It's the one you have to mill the case so it will fit. Work in progress. Just got the carburation nearly right. Now it's transmission & then carb all over again. But it's forgiving -
    The Pro Race is a beast. It either works like a turbine or not at all. It's a bitch. but when it's right - it's really, really good. I have two. It was my first 'high end' cylinder and I'm sort of in love with it (when I'm not hating it). Never broke one !

13. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    hehe, well, i have here a old prorace 1 :p the first one, better known as a ticklet metrakit SP. and then you get the prorace 2 with the golden cilinderhead :p

I'm in love with Hebo cilinders, had one on my old speedfight 2, a replica, for a peugeot engine, the fastest cilinder you could get, got in love, still in love :p but i don't really care all :p thosedays i got all the stuff where the people of 16 years old dreaming off :p ( or where i dreamed about years years ago :p )

Maybe i make pictures of my engines and cilinders and exhausts and stuff this weekend :p
    But, don't get a heart attack :p trust me heheh :p

But where getting a little offtopic :p don't know what the mods think about that on this forum? otherwise send me a pm ;)

turbovetto likes this.
  14. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Can't the powerband be adjusted to the needs of the cylinder?

15. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    the cylinder determines the power band - together with the exhaust.

16. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Ok i've narrowed down my choices and i believe i'm between the MHR Replica and the S6 Sport Pro cylinders. What's your opinion? Best for daily use?

17. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Sport Pro !

18. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Can you please tell me why? So i get an idea :D

19. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
  20. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Very interesting! Let's get to another point now, wont the single ring piston need changing every 3-4 months or so and more maintenance? Also, because i want to keep my standard crank which exhaust do you suggest?