Malossi MHR Racing Cylinder Question

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by leo015, Dec 3, 2013.

1. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Yes but is it fast enough?

2. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    Yes it is. You cant have super high rocket turbo power and reliability at the same time. The Streetrace has enough power and is also reliable. It's made for street use

3. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    To get an idea of what i want. I want my Beta to have a top speed of lets say 110-120 but the acceleration to be really fast. For example 0-100 in like 250 meters or something, I was also thinking about the combination of the S6 Streetrace, Dellorto 21, Malossi TEAM II Exhaust and Malossi OverRange Kit. What do you think?

4. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    i hope you're talking in KM/H... No point even thinking about top speed until you've run the kit in.

5. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Yes of course KM/H ! What do you mean?

6. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    You need to run new cylinder kits at around 30 - 40mph (50km/h - 65 km/h) for 300 miles ~ (500km).

Otherwise you will seize it or blow it up.

7. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Yep i know this. Do you think the combination i mentioned above would be good and powerful?

8. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    Yeah, should be good.

9. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    At what speed does your NRG top out and what is your setup?

10. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    don't know, i only rode 20 miles with the streetrace kit, didnt go above 40. That was with a leo vince TT, 17.5mm carb, standard clutch, variator, crankshaft etc. Better setup coming soon though

11. ramon777

ramon777 The newkid on the block

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    If you don't have the money to support the hobby, and maintaince the engine, then leave it ;)
    If you don't have the knowledge, than start reading on forums like those and you get a lot smarter/wiser than now just askin questions....

Its not just picking parts, put them togetter and ride....

I don't know what mhr cilinder ur talkin about, can you make any pictures?
    But well, now a story to give you some advise and hope you understand it a little, i know my english aint perfect.

A cilinder has a specific timing, they call it a powerband.
    The powerband is the rpm range where your cilinder has the most power.

An exhaust has also a powerband, they are calculated and build for that specific rpm range.

About you who wants to boult an mhr team exhaust to a mhr replica, thats a no-go, why? well, an mhr replica cilinder has his powerband about lets say 12.000/12.500 RPM ( its a midrange cilinder )
    When you place a mhr team exhaust with a powerband about 13.500 RPM 14.000 RPM, you wil couse problems.
    The exhaust is way to high.

If you go out of the powerband of your cilinder, you will lose power and ofcourse topspeed.
    When you go out of the powerband of the exhaust, you will also lose power and topspeed.

If you want to have good performance you need to have 2 matching things when you look at the cilinder and exhaust, those 2 are verry but really verry important when ur talkin about power.

So, when placing that MHR team exhaust on a mhr replica you will get problems at low rpm when you want to drive away.
    for a mhr replica you can better take a Yasuni C16.

About the Mhr team cilinder.
    Like some people above me sayd, its not just placing it and ride.
    Those cilinders need a lot more modifications when you want power.

A bigger carburator, a new ignition ( rotor ignition ) A set of good poulies ( overrange is one of them )
    a good matching exhaust and then is it a matter of testing adjusting testing and adjusting.....

A good matching setup ( parts ) with a good adjustment can have some serious HP's

And about what ur talkin like 100 (km/h i guess? ) in 250 metres should easaly be done with a mhr replica, stage6 pro, top performance due + and some other cilinders.
    With a full good setup arround that mhr team and mhr team exhaust what is able to do untuned arround a 20+HP it can do 150metres under 7 seconds with a endingspeed @150 metres with something about 130+km/h ;)
    But trust me, thats nothing for you if you already don't have the money already ;)
    Those engines to build cost a lot of money....
    Think about £1500/2000 ;)

But a heavy duty racing crank is something real important, for some people they drive months on a stock crankshaft, others drive 5 min and it couses already problems with the bearrings....

A crank won't break that easy normally ( i have seen it happen )
    Mostly the bearings are fucked, and the cage of the balls couses a lot of problems....

But in a worse case scenario you crank want to take a vieuw outside or somethings breaks you won't fix it with just a new crank.....

Some pic of what can happen, now on this picture is already a racing crank to see, probably something wrong from the factory, just a weak spot.... but probably they put the engine on its limits with a highend engine.
    [​IMG]

12. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Great photo Ramon! Total destruction !
    Notice the blueing on the rod? never seen that. Gotta be a lube problem that kicked it off. Things were getting hot in there.......

Loks like there wasn't much to unbolt to have a look..

13. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    thx, yeahh noticed it to, But this is nothing, have seen worse :p gotta have somewhere a picture of that too haha :p

turbovetto likes this.
  14. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    guy propably ended up wearing the reed box for a codpiece!

15. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    Here a few pics of one of my daily's

stock crank, and this was from a restricted scooter, probably it crankshaft couln'd handle the high rpm becouse of the variator restrictor,

[​IMG]
    Watch closely:
    [​IMG]

16. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Wow.The mass is cracked ! Check out my piston on the Workshop thread 'it exploded'. Just uploaded.

17. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Wow thanks for the answer ramon! Really helpful. Would the Stage6 Sport Pro match the MHR Rep?

18. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    both midrange cilinders, a mhr rep does have some more options of they get tuned/ported, but its not that much.

Both nice cilinders. and really be able to use on the street ;)

19. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    But because the Sport Pro is single ring it needs more maintenance right?

20. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    I don't believe this theory. I think that all rings have more or less the same life. I think it's just that single rings tend to be on engines that spin faster (in cylinders with big ports - more wear) & so they wear out faster. Which amounts to the same thing you might say - but not in the case of the Sport pro because it's a weird hybrid bastard.

High end cylinders only work at high revs. But the sport pro pulls low down - if you use a modest exhaust like a Yas R.

But it's a hybrid bastard because if you put a C16 or C 21 on there (and I have all the Yas exhausts) - it's power band is much higher up the rev range and the power increases too.

So you could say that the sport pro ring lasts as long as the exhaust (and the power band rev range) allows. If you use it with a Yas 'Z', 'R' or other 'entry level' exhaust - and adjust the transmission accordingly - I don't think that it will require more maintenance than anything else - provided it's set up right.

Mine stopped working because of a roller cage. And the cylinder survived that (with a bit of help from a hone). It's a tough bastard to boot. I liked it so much I ordered a 'B' piston today - and I've got the same kit (air cooled) waiting to go on my gal's ovetto.

I used to think stage 6 were a very good marketing machine with nothing but other peoples (re-badged proven products) to help. - but I've had to eat my words.

Just my opinion - for what it's worth.