Malossi 172 question

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by DioZXpolini, Jul 20, 2019.

1. DioZXpolini

DioZXpolini New Member

Hello guys I have that Malossi 172 which is bored to 67.50 mm for my TPH and i want to know about this type of Exhaust port Shape is it good? and is a Pm59 going to work well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Exhaust port shape don't look bad to me, the 65mm bore is well worn, Pm's don't fit very well on A/C cooled engines as they are to close to the fan cowling, I've seen people cut the cowling to clear the pipe, to me this just wrong as it draw's hot air off the pipe to try and cool the barrel ! The fan cowl is there for a very good reason so don't cut it !

3. DioZXpolini

DioZXpolini New Member

Thanks for the replie and one more question I have typhoon 125 variator and belt would a runner 180 variator and belt help

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    When I ran 172, 183cc back in the day I allways ran with a 180 variator, 12.5g rollers, std clutch or occasionally blue springs.

5. DioZXpolini

DioZXpolini New Member

cylinder

Attached Files:

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It's a bit of a strange exhaust port shape, it should be round and top of port is pretty flat ! It's scored/worn well, I can't see it lasting much longer, I'd use it until it goes pop!

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That's been ridden too hot. Probably not warmed up enough from cold, just BAM full throttle straight after starting.

8. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Agreed with @scubabiker.
    If u can make port map and send it to me i can analyze it with the portmap analyzer, so you can see how are the port timings,psi,rpms & hp etc...

DioZXpolini and scubabiker like this.
  9. DioZXpolini

DioZXpolini New Member

The specs are: 52 jasil crank pm59 rd350 vforce4 reeds 36mm pwk carb with 170 main jet and 45 pilot jet the variator is all stock 125 with just green clutch springs and 11gr rollers with malossi 15 41 secondary the bike is very powerful it lifts the front all the way up at 80kmh and at low speed is very dangerous top speed 165kmh at 1/4 mile supermotards with 55hp cant keep up wrf426 etc.. im not joking i have plenty videos. And this is the port map of my cylinder. All engine work done by my brother. By the way thanks for the replies and the attention @Damjan @MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Attached Files:

scubabiker likes this.
  10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Badass!
    Does your brother do it professionally?

11. DioZXpolini

DioZXpolini New Member

no he is doing it for he's own fun because he's 2 stroke lover and only for me and his bikes because here in greece the 2stroke tuners will take a lot of money and their job is shit the doing it with hammer and chisel