Malaguti X3M Enduro

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by Stevep, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Hi guys and gals,
    Anybody got a clue where the fuse box is on one of these???
    I've got all the panels off and I can't find a single fuse anywhere. I found the little tool set in it's hiding place, but i'll be damned if I can find a single fuse. There isn't even a main fuse from the battery!
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

am i right in thinking its the same as a yamaha DT50? i know they are made by malaguti... im not sure they have a fuse box per se, just a fuse off the battery, its probably been taken out...

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

same as the Yam wr125. Made in the same factory, malaguti plastics but apparently everything else is Yamaha. I've found one fuse on the starter solenoid but that's it. Just thought about fuses because i have no dash at all. And its digital.
    Oh well, another day of electrical tampering i suppose. I HATE digital dash boards:mad:

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

they have a diagnostic plug, its a green bullet terminal thing, do you have a yamaha code reader?

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

thinking about it they only have 1 fuse, before the ecu, then the ecu controls the other systems if i recall.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not. I know were the fuse board is on the yam's, which is the first place i looked. Found the little tool set in there but no fuses. I suspect I either have a partial feed, as the neutral light works and the idiot light for the headlamp is on, but thats it. Nothing flashing to give me an indication of what may be wrong.
    Which is not surprising really as its a carb model and not injected, so no sensor malfunctions.

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I'll sling a feed to it tomorrow and a new earth and see what happens. If it goes fizzle then so be it.

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ive changed a few instrument panels for garantee jobs, they just stop working, all the idiot lights work, just no speedo stuff... thats on fairly new bikes tho

9. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    interesting fact -
    Yamahas aren't actually yamahas. most are in fact MBK`s. we recently found a friends yzfr125 to have a MBK industries vin tag on the frame.

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

MBK is owned by yamaha its a subsidy company, the bikes made in europe are made by MBK and the ones made in the east are yamaha if that makes sense?