Malaguti progress

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Sam phantom, Jun 13, 2017.

1. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

I know what it is i just meant I didn't know that particular model as I've never worked on one.
    You probably won't notice a difference because (I assume) everything is new or well greased. As time goes on it would need adjusting so you would have run out of adjustment.
    Also,on a technical point, the lever was over centre so you wouldn't be getting the full leverage . Now it's in the correct position as you pull the rear brake on the lever will not go past vertical so getting full leverage.
    As said you probably won't notice much difference.
    I had a Vespa in the sixties so have been around a bit lol

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

That's great! as I said thanks for explaining the issue properly. soon as you said about the splines I knew what to do lol ;)

3. Sam phantom

4. Sam phantom

We have had some lovely hot scoot weather here over the last two weeks so excuse the dusty rims ha!

5. 328isport

328isport Member

Cheers for the feedback on the shock. I'm in the same boat in terms of I don't rely on the bike for transport, but with the weather we've been having the car has barely turned a wheel recently, which has resulted in putting 420 miles on the scooter! Yea mines a 1999, it's pretty clean/original and I'm only the fourth owner, that said at 18 years old it's at that stage where it needs bits doing, from the original bottom end to the paint flaking on the wheels. Still the nice thing with it not having been messed about with is that I'm not having to deal with other peoples bodges.. I look forward to seeing your updates.

Sam phantom likes this.
  6. Sam phantom

7. Sam phantom

yeah i have looked through your post to have a little look at your bike it looks very well kept and a nice but unusual colour combination too.I reckon i have done around 4/500 miles my self in the recent weeks I can't get enough in this weather lol

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

And here I am in norway, its 10 degrees and we have had rain everyday for a month

9. Sam phantom

Been around 25-30 degrees here but storms tonight/tomorrow

10. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    looks good, like the anodised cover screws. its a nice touch.

11. Sam phantom

Thank you! Funny you say that tho I have just toned it down a bit with steel ones lol IMG_1055.JPG

12. Sam phantom

Nice clean Suzuki btw don't see those these days I know of one around my way it's well kept

13. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    thanks, I finished restoring it a month ago, I'll post the pics on a new thread next week.
    so far its MOT status with some decor and some new parts planned. taking a breather from spending on it for about a month or so, just gonna keep it running good

14. Sam phantom

I will Look forward to the pics

15. Sam phantom

IMG_1121.JPG This came to day been waiting 3weeks for them to be back in stock... apparently they give better cooling! plus I liked the look of it

16. Sam phantom

Will post a pic when it's on the bike

17. Sam phantom

IMG_1132.JPG Keeping her running cool in these hot summer days we are having !

CGC and scubabiker like this.
  18. Sam phantom

IMG_0191.JPG

Spaz12 likes this.
  19. Sam phantom

20. Sam phantom

New rubber is fitted front and back...thank you the Netherlands lol