malaguti madison 125 owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by steven smith, Apr 1, 2017.

1. steven smith

steven smith New Member

im 20 stone...small for a yank but im british.
    is a 180cc kit going to benefit bike or is there something else to boost torque? ie be nippier when pulling off and up hills.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

slightly lighter rollers will allow the engine to get into the "power band" before it takes off fully, as will slightly stronger clutch springs.
    A 180 cylinder upgrade might mean you also need to upgrade the crank, plus to get the best from that you'll want to fit a new pipe.

3. steven smith

steven smith New Member

are the clutdch springs those that pull the shoes or the one you compress?
    what pipe if i keep it standard and go rollers and springs? mines fairly old and already had welding. standard as on ebay or can you recommend an after market one?
    im keen on advice. i was told to get some german tyres that were primarily winter use. that was 18mths ago. ive not slid, wheel spun or had any problems with them. £120 for the pair fitted.
    i get 65+mph, my mate has had 70mph (speedo reading). more than enough for me. i just hate the sluggish pull away at roundabouts when i need be nippier.

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    clutch springs are the ones that pull the shoes, when the clutch gets to a certain rpm the springs can no longer keep the clutch plates closed and the fling open .

the spring thats compressed by the rear pulley is a contrast spring. ..... Steve means clutch springs ;)
    you have a couple choices go with just clutch springs or drop in a gram lighter weights and pop some clutch springs in to