Loss of power issue

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Buzz, May 6, 2018.

1. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Gilera dna50 has had its issues but I've recently had a few weeks of excellent running. It has a pollini variator with 4gr weights, blue clutch spring and nrg+1500rpm clutch shoe springs. It was pulling away a little slow but soon revved up quickly and was hitting the rpm power band nicely. It will ride up hills between 30 and 40mph and top speed 50mph so is in a happy place.
    Recently its had deceleration issues. When I set off from standing it will ride up to top speed well and will hold it however if I need to decelerate then it suddenly loses drive power and won't then accelerate up again. If I pull over then start from standing then it's fine.
    I first thought it must be the contra springs so tried a stock white and then pollini blue but both have the same issue. I put a different clutch pulley drive in in case it was sticking but no change. Shorter belt, no change, rebuilt variator, no change. As I say it ran very well for a few weeks but this started happening. Could it be a carburetor issue rather than transmission? Would sticky rollers cause this as I'm using stock dna size rollers in a pollini variator albeit much lighter? I do also find it often dies when I have a good run then drop to standstill (e.g. lights) but I assume that's a different issue to the deceleration one.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

having swapped out the entire transmission system piece by piece and found that the bike still has the same issue I have figured it must be throttle or carb related. No idea what though.