Loose wire hanging down

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Geoff Dysom, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Geoff Dysom

Geoff Dysom New Member

Hi All, older Newbie trying to sort out son's 18 plate lexmoto Echo 50cc wonder it started of as a flat battery after a week being stood going nowhere, So I charged the battery put it back on and tested the charge rate at 13.6V
    quick search of you tube pointed me towards the charge regulator after disconnecting the headlight panel the Volts shot back up to above 13.8 V after revving and normal drive conditions Then remember I'd changed the standard bulb to a halogen version> So thinking Bulb is drawing to much current and not enough going to the battery I returned it to standard bulb all seemed well after test dive still putting 13.8 onto the battery
    Next morning only 11V in the battery Again you tube pointed me towards checking the charging system stater ring wiring and connections to battery which may has nothing to do with the question but it may help for reference to to find why this is discharging the battery it was brand new 2 months ago
    Now comes the question
    after removing the seat to find stater wiring I've found a broken corroded blue/white wire running towards under the carb/starter area after tracing the wire back along the frame it connects to a solid blue wire that connect to the CDI ? unit in the top left pin of this 5 pin unit
    I looked on line for a wiring diagram but can only find one that's not clear as wires are all different colours or don't seem to go where id expect them to go so ant help and guidance greatly received
    Thanks in advance
    Geoff

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Sounds like a restriction wire maybe?

3. Geoff Dysom

Geoff Dysom New Member

I don't know looked on google pics says it goes to the stater ring, that was a racing cdi this is all new to me so am just guessing lifted carb up and looked about but there's no connecting bit of wire or terminal that it seems to come from

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I think it's to a hall sensor on the transmission, when it reaches a certain rpm, it cuts the spark.
    Have a check around the transmission for a connection.

MARSH likes this.