Looking for a 1981 suzuki fs50T rear fender

Discussion in 'Scooter Related News' started by Mason684, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Mason684

Mason684 New Member

IMG_1182.JPG IMG_1184.JPG So I was riding my moms fs 50 that was given to her by her dad brand new in 1981 needless to say it is very sentimental, I was attempting to wheelie this thing up the driveway like a dummy while my ktm is in the shop and I 12 0'clock it and break the fender so I really need one and can't find it anywhere

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    what part do you mean Mason, the plastic mud flap ? from the images i dont see what area is broken.

Ah i see it now , up near the seat join. thats going to be a hard part to find, its going to be an ebay job waiting for one to come along, or trawling the retro bike breakers in hope they have something laying around.

other way is to remove the panel and make up a fibreglass replica using the original as a moulding to cast a new one from

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. Mason684

Mason684 New Member

Here is a better picture, The whole rear fender

Attached Files:

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yep gonna be a hard one to come across these scoots were just run into the ground then either left to rot or scrapped. i am not even sure if my local breakers yard would have one laying around.

5. Mason684

Mason684 New Member

I was worried you would say that, Ive looked everywhere

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    sorry to be the bringer of the bad news mason, best way is keep plugging at ebay use the worldwide search function that way you cover all countrys you may just find one pop up.

im not sure if plastic welding could be done , its an old plastic so its going to have degraded and become brittle like most plastics will over time, you may be able to get a plastic weld repair done, then it could be sanded back filled with a plastics filler then given a nice new shot of cream paint being sure it was colour matched.

its the problem a lot of us scooter owners and retro lovers come across , in those days they were like a throw away scooter, but these days they have become that vintage retro scoot everyone wants to get hold off or have restored back to their former glory. i can have a word with my bike breakers over here in the uk see if he has something laying about but i dont think he would, if by any chance he does i would throw you his contact details and you could have words with him.

7. Mason684

Mason684 New Member

I'll do that! Appreciate it!

8. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Forget plastic welding and other sorts of glues this is the stuff to use and you can even remake broken tabs.
    I found with a crack the best way was to groove it out with a dremel(rotary minitool) then put the powder granules in the groove and put drops of the liquid in to the groove to wet the powder.
    Any gaps put some tape over the other side so that it catches the granules. Once hard remove the tape.
    It goes "off" quite quickly and you just keep topping it up until it's level.
    Once hard on one side turn it over and repeat on the other side.
    Sand it off and use some plastic filler to smooth and paint.
    It comes under a few different trade names so may be called something different where you are.
    http://www.plastex.net/

9. Mason684

Mason684 New Member

Awesome!! I will definitely look into that