Lock on the back of Speedfight

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ashley Dodd, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Ashley Dodd

Ashley Dodd New Member

Hi All,

I was wondering what the lock on the back of the speed fight was for? I have put a square around the lock in a picture. It slides to the right and revels a keyhole, unfortunately my key does not fit because i think its rusted. I cannot find any information about what it is for online.

[​IMG]
    (not my picture)

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Hi ashley and welcome to the scootershack

that is the speedfights BOA lock . it pulls out of the rear and allows you to lock the scooter to objects , handy and means you have no need to have a large lock and chain rattling around in the underseat storage area ;)

Ashley Dodd likes this.
  3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Bloody good idea of peugeots that lock. Shame about it having water ingress problems.
    You could try WD40, a squirt now and then, right into the hole, then try something similar in size but a little smaller to jiggle around and see if it frees off the tumblers.

Ashley Dodd likes this.
  4. Ashley Dodd

Ashley Dodd New Member

Thanks man. I already went and brought a £60 oxford lock... Would that boa lock actually stop a theif?

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yup, its long enough to go through the rear wheel and round a lamp post if i remember right.
    But not a determined enough thief.

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    it would put of a thief, but if they wnat your scoot no lock is going to stop them trying to get it.
    having the extra oxford means double the trouble, double the time trying to steal it and also means takes them longer all that equates to a possible getting caught red handed ;) .

and your welcome fella , two locks are better than none. you can also buy the speedfight Boa lock and key on ebay if yours is rusted up bad. but first just slide back the key cover and give it a good old squirt of wd40 - gt85 lube spray see if that helps free it up ;)

7. Ashley Dodd

Ashley Dodd New Member

Thanks guys, one last question for this mystery. Is the key the same as the ignition key or a different one?

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    i always used the red key to unlock and lock the boa on my old speedy i owned like 10yr ago ( had the speedy 2 LC model when they came out )

9. Ashley Dodd

Ashley Dodd New Member

I was only given one key when i brought it, and its not red :p At least that mystery was solved. Thanks!

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you can replace it buddy, just grab a second hand boa of ebay with the key, then its just a case of removing the paneling undoing a couple bolts and removing old and replacing with the new second hand one ;)

and your welcome ashley glad we could help you out fella . ride safe and enjoy the speedy they a good little scoot

Ashley Dodd likes this.
  11. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    agree totaly here steve tiz a shame other companys never went with this idea to.
    water ingress was a pain on mine after two months i noticed rusty watering, but some gt85 every week or so helped out keeping it nice and lubed up.

and yep if i couldnt find a big thick post or iron fence i would just snake that puppy round the rear wheel.