Lexmoto Nano Restriction Query.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Lenty, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Hi All,
    Just picked up a Lexmoto Nano from a local take-a-way that went bust for a good price. 19 plate with 55 miles on the clock.
    How do I un-restrict these things pls? I have googled such query and I see something about removing a wire from the CDi unit. However, I cannot find anything specific to the scooter and don't want to mess anything up.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered in another post.

Stay safe.

Lenty

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I've just had a quick Google and found on a Danish website that the VGA N1 (same bike) has a restriction via a sensor in the back wheel/transmission (I'm not super good at Danish I just skimmed it)
    It will be a single wire going into the transmission case or to the back wheel, it measures the wheel speed and limits the CDI.

On a few Peugeot scooters the wire is blue, could be the same here

Lenty likes this.
  3. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Thankyou,
    Let me take a look and come back with my finding.

4. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Af
    Afternoon,
    100% no wire going to the back wheel/transmission. Would this point to the CDI where I need to remove a certain wire?
    I also see something about removing a 'nut' from the top of the carb but unsure if this applies to this bike.

Thank you for any advice as the bike does it's best to stick to around 27-29 MPH whilst going downhill. So 100% restricted.

Lenty

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I honestly can't help more without looking at the bike...

6. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Fully understand thanks for trying.

7. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Here is a few photo's of my ECU and cable connections (front and back) if helps? 20200402_150641.jpg 20200402_150629.jpg

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Oooh... It's efi....
    You need to remap it. Or swap the ECU out

9. Lenty

Lenty New Member

The engine fitted is a LJ1P37QMB19001300 if helps

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Wouldn't matter what engine was in there, the restriction is inside the ecu.
    As scuba says, either replace or remap

11. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Thank you all for your help. Can anyone recommend who I can contact concerning remapping or swap out pls.

12. Conner2020

Conner2020 New Member

what i done was grinded down the variator washer change roller to 3 5.5g and 3 6g change to a sport clutch and change clutch springs to +2000 and i get 37 to 40 mph

13. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Thank you, I notice the variator washer has a ridge on it, so I assume this is what you mean by grinding down? I was told to obtain an unrestricted ECU so I did and it's done nothing.
    I will be honest I'm not that good with bikes very basic with knowledge.

14. Conner2020

Conner2020 New Member

yes were did u get the unrestricted ECU from and and I used a sport clutch and clutch bell out of a Peugeot speedfight 2 but you will need a smaller belt [765x17.5] I'm going to change the torque spring/contra spring soon so ill let u know if it does any improvements

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  15. Lenty

Lenty New Member

ECU was Dellorto ECU Unlimited / unlimited | euro 4... came from Jordy's Garage in the Netherlands. I swapped it with the current one and all I noticed was the rev's could reach 8000rpm plus a little more but still no extra speed. Do you think if I grind down the variator and put the ECU i purchased back on it will give a little more speed?
    Nothing to change in the carb?
    If I did not pay so little for this bike I would not be bothering, just sell it on. I got my son one of those direct bikes scooters. I disconnected some wire that goes to the back and it hits 40mph NP !!!

Any help you can give is very much appreciated. I'm in Oxford so unsure where u are.

Thankyou

16. Conner2020

Conner2020 New Member

Grind down the washer on the Variator That Will get u to about 32ish on standard rollers and clutch
    and air filter

If you want better top end get heavy rollers but will be slow take off Or for a decent take off and still have top end change to a sport clutch with +2000 springs and put a k&n air filter and use 6g rollers = [Standard] will get u to about 37mph on flat 40mph down hill

with ecu that may just Restrict revs so u can try it not found one to try that yet

17. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Thankyou for you prompt reply. Let me grind down the washer and try that. What weight rollers should I try and where did you get yours from pls? I will try that unrestricted ECU again.

Thankyou for your help here.

18. Conner2020

Conner2020 New Member

19. Lenty

Lenty New Member

Ok i see you are using 3x 5.5g and 3x 6g rollers. I should just buy 6x 6g rollers, correct?

20. Conner2020

Conner2020 New Member

you should already have 6g rollers in that what comes with the bike as standard