Lexmoto milano spotlights

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Ajo, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Ajo

Ajo New Member

Hi I want to add some spotlights to the front of my scooter but i have no idea how to do it. I have asked elsewhere in other Internet groups but had no actual practical information so apart from buying the actual lights can someone please advise me on how i might wire them up. I have tried to find videos spasific to my scooter but i have yet to find any so any information is greatly appreciated many thanks

Picture for reference purely because I think it looks cool
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Depends if your lights are AC or DC powered
    I fitted one led spot light to be used as a daylight running light and this is on all the time the ignition is on
    Slightly facing down for night time and is a good extra dip beam

3. Ajo

Ajo New Member

Hi thanks for the reply i actually don't know if it's ac or DC and I am unsure on how to tell. my main reason for wanting then is for extra viability on my local back road so coming up with main beam would be good

4. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    if you turn on the ignition and all light work they are DC voltage
    Make sure you check headlight as my scoot has DC lights but AC headlight

5. Ajo

Ajo New Member

This is copied from another platform that I am a member of this is the only sensible answer I had My scooter runs of a 12v DC battery, it’s charged from a generator that is AC then converted to 12V DC through a regulator rectifier

6. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    This is NOT copied, it is fact
    It does charge the battery as you say, BUT what about the headlight?????

7. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Do you have any in mind? It only needs a very simple circuit. Most bulbs don't care what kind of power they get. What's most challenging is finding suitable lights, a solid way to mount them and a good location to mount a switch. Also the chinese lightbars you see on ebay aren't great quality so if it comes apart easily that's a bonus lol.

Have a 4 lamp setup (2 fogs and a 6" twin beam lightbar) on my vespa atm which I'm quite happy but I'm using crash bars. Also didn't want to cut panels so that added about £70 to the cost. Can put up some photos if it helps

8. Ajo

Ajo New Member

Hi thank you for you help I was thinking of these 2 to start with https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184414289653 I have already got a front rack to go back onto the front. My main problem is not actually knowing how to do the wiring and and the route of the wiring so that it's not messy and unsightly and if it is OK yes i would appreciate a picture or 2 thanks

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If you really need more lights then make sure there low wattage, the charging system may not be man enough to run them. Mount lights then use some 2 core cable (1.5mm)to wire them up, one wire to earth on frame other wire to a live supply either off main beam or seperate switch .

10. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Using low wattage bulbs you will have reduced lights
    Maybe use led lights, if you can get a DC feed

11. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Yes l.e.d's, that's what I wanted to say. Good call.