Lexmoto Echo 50cc Pickup/Trigger Wire

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by sambo123, Jun 22, 2017.

1. sambo123

sambo123 New Member

Hi,

Recently picked up a non-starting 50cc Lexmoto Echo and traced the issue to no spark. I've found there's a loose wire (blue/white) which is not plugged in anywhere and this wire happens to "stator trigger pickup coil igniter".

Any clues as to where this wire should connect to? It has a bullet connector.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    if its comming from the stator ( engine) it goes to a single bullet connector on the loom, right side of motor usually hidden under the right seat/rear pannel it leads from the main loom to the cdi connector block and triggers the coil to fire.

comming from loom it should plug into a single bullet connector that comes out of the right side of the motor (where the cooling fan is) and is where the stator is that crates the power to charge the ignitor coil and the whole eletcrical system to bike. its usually a set of wires covered in a black heatshrink tube that leads from the right side of the engine case , sometimes it will be a block connetcor with a bullet connector for that wire or a set of bullet connectors leading to a set of bullet connectors on main loom feeding off towards the cdi/ regulator rectifier etc etc ,

and welcome to the scooter shack Sambo

3. Geoff Dysom

Geoff Dysom New Member

hi sorry for the hijacking of this post but it seems like the same loose blue an white wire i've found hanging loose on my son's echo 50 its just hanging loose and have traced it back to a blue wire connection on the cdi but there's no other broken wire near the stator connection this was tucked up under the carb/starter area but his is running and seems to be charging fine at14V