legal help pweez...

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Nrg-Sam, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

hi all

well just had erm... right...

i was basically riding down a dark (usually empty) path at 10:30 with a pillion with no helmet... yeah stoopid but i presumed there wouldnt be anyone on there as i was gonna drop ma mate off...

anyhow riding down, i saw a guy and 2 dogs so i slowed down, he looked over then ran infront of me, said 'im a police officer'... oops

then he said what dya think your doing, on a footpath with a passenger, then he told me to take the keys outaa the ignition so i did. he then told me he was pc armstrong and a dog handler, and pointed to his 2 dogs, one was a big ass german shepard and the other was some other white dog lol...

they didnt look very police doggish but meh

he then asked me for my keys, i said well have you got any id, he pulled out a leather thingy with a metal thing, couldnt see what it was on one side n the other was a paper insert with all details on, i gave him my keys as he was bigger than me lol... then he said im conviscating these and you can push it back.

ive got a spare set of keys, so what im wondering now is... is this guy a fake with a good story whose practiced and made a fake badge... he did look like a bit of a neek tbf... in which case i should ring police and report him for theft and impersonating a police officer.

i do think he was genuine though... so do i just leave it? or should i ring up??? he wasnt undercover so was he allowed to take ma keys? is there a procedure blah blah, basically i want to know if i ride to the station tomorrow could he arrest me for what i did and do me for it? could he prove it???

yeah im a twat but if anyone can give me any advice id apprechiate it :emb:

sam :(

2. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    this happened to me on the way to school one day. i shit into school my mate got questioned and they came in and got me... they gave it all the shit about its dangerous took my keys and everything i thought they were going to take it in the end they came into the school checed the bike over for l plates displayed and gave me them back

3. grindey5490

grindey5490 New Member

Doubt very much he was a copper, you don't just have a dog handler randomly walking about for no reason. Also he would of took your details. Doubt he would say I'm confisctating your keys too and even so he would have told you where to get them back and when! Report the nob!!

Maybe wrong though!! :D

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Well at least you know your a twat! You should have never handed over your keys.

All undercovers carry radios. He would have had to explain what was going on over it. :msn1:

5. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

he never said he was undercover, he said he was off duty...

if i ring up tomoz and he doesnt exist ill just go back down said path with a few mates or summat at the same time lol...

sam

6. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Then if he was off duty then he wouldn't have the right to do anything. Best he could do was scare you into giving your full name or call up the police himself.

7. grindey5490

grindey5490 New Member

well make sure you dont hand over another set of keys!! :D

8. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

woop woop... just googled pc armstrong telford n found this

Dog Handler of the Year. This award is given to the most outstanding handler and dog team for their performance in the past year. PC Neil Armstrong & Police Dog Storm – Force Operations based in Telford & Wrekin Division. PC Armstrong, based at Telford has made many arrests. He has shown a willingness to learn and build upon the performance of his partnership with his German Shepherd, Storm.

so he does exist... and all being well ill get my keys back tomorrow :wtf:

sam :D

9. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    LOL :p

10. jacksp

jacksp New Member

did he not take down your details or anything?

or give you a producer, or any kind of piece of paper?

:rofl: :w00t: :rofl:

11. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

If he was off duty, he wouldn't have wanted the paperwork. I doubt you'll get your keys back. Just be thankful he didnt take your bike!

12. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

the thing is, if he took my keys off me when he wasnt allowed wouldnt that be theft? and saying hes a police officer

/\ /\ /\ just started typing this, police came to the door :pimp:

checked my bike, gave me a section 59 and gave me my keys back lmfao :D great service :w00t:

13. zoomequipped

zoomequipped New Member

section 59? fine? points?