LC big bore

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by atomBOOM, Jun 5, 2010.

1. atomBOOM

atomBOOM New Member

does anyone make a LC big bore for a minarelli 100 2T?

2. 2STROKE

2STROKE New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox
    not that i know of mate, what scooter do you have?

3. atomBOOM

atomBOOM New Member

i have a pgo pmx. all stock but im looking into things. i have found a few A/c big bores but thought as hot as a 2t gets, if i could find a l/c it would be better. i have found one at http://www.chum-buddy.tw. i have sent about 30 emails trying to see if i could buy one or find out who sells one. no luck. not one responce. just thought i would ask around.

4. 2STROKE

2STROKE New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox
    hold on, is your bike originally air cooled?

5. atomBOOM

atomBOOM New Member

yes it is.

6. 2STROKE

2STROKE New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox
    and have you done the necessary conversions for it to be a liquid cooled engine?

this would involve; installing a radiator, installing a water pump (electric or mechanically driven) coolant lines, and of course the liquid cooled cylinder you were talking about.

7. atomBOOM

atomBOOM New Member

i need to still buy the radiator but i do have a 12v pump. it is a conversion i would love to do. i just tried to do the research and find the cylinder kit first. i thought this would be the hard part. i have tried to contact that web site and no response. :banghead: just thought i would ask around and see if others could send me in the right direction. i have a a/c bigbore sitting in my garage, i will just have a go with that. thanks mate.

8. 2STROKE

2STROKE New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox
    the air cooled big bore will still serve you well.

9. atomBOOM

atomBOOM New Member

thanks for the help. i just noticed you have an aerox. the pmx and aerox share some similarities. what do you think of the stage6 subframe? thought about this as well. it would help fitting a new carb and intake.

10. 2STROKE

2STROKE New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox
    yeah its a good quality part, i've used it for quite a while now with a few different setups. Whats your full setup on your scooter?