laser x pro very quiet and slow :(

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by lucky13, Sep 7, 2007.

1. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Yeah I agree but it was revving way to high, I've put the two 7.5's 180 degrees apart so at least there evenly spaced. I'm going to order some new rollers maybe some 5's .

I'm looking for a little more bite from the clutch for wheelys or should I spend more time on te rollers ?

Bite is what I'm really after, just need more revs in contact with the wheel at around 8000 revs

2. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    your not listening, the variator has to be balanced, if the weights are unevenly spaced there will be a heavier section on the variator.

sort hte rollers and jetting out, then piss about with clutch springs.

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if its a polini ajustable you need to mesure the distance from the washers ether side of the spring and make them even by winding the nut in or out. ride it and if you want a higher rpm bite then wind the screws in one ful turn at a time. wind out for softer pull off but make sure there EVEN

4. lucky13

lucky13 Member

It's just a standard Variator, I've now ordred some 5.5g rollers from donotlink, also a 65 and 75 main jet.

Bikes going really well at the moment since I replaced the plastic intake manifold.... it still revs pretty high, 8000 on pull away and up to around 10000 full pelt...hopefully the 5.5 rollers will finish it off nicely.

It did mess up once yesterday but that was up a high revs up a steep hill and it seemed to run out of fuel, hopefully the bigger main jet will fix this :pimp:

5. harrisp

harrisp New Member

Try not to damage around the egdes like he has done.

6. haugh

haugh New Member

Its not mine ;)

7. harrisp

harrisp New Member

O right, well try not to damage the edges like the person that did that one. :cool:

8. The General

The General Member

what is the best way to remove that cone as i dont want to do what happend in that pic on my brand new lxp

9. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

get a dremel or a drill attachment that has a cuttin stone, not a disc and use it on the welds they shuld flatten out. then get a puller or a spring hook and pull the cone out, then tidy up the left over weld with the cutting stone and hey prestoe u have derestricted the pipe and left it nice and smooth

10. haugh

haugh New Member

I thinks its spot welded 2 or 3 times? Just drill the welds or something

11. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    stones wont do shit, the stone will sooner grind away then the weld.

need a grinding bit, oddly shaped ones are always quite useful for getting in tough places.

12. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

work a treat on mates zx :D then agen sw1ft wuld no

13. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

well a disc worked a treat on my laser x,

cut the cone out in less than 2 minutes of precise cutting