laser x pro very quiet and slow :(

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by lucky13, Sep 7, 2007.

1. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Thanks for the feed back guys, i've decarboned it and thrown in some 4g rollers but it still feels really strangled when revving I even got a long metal wire and dug loads of carbon out but still very restricted, i've only got a 56 main jet so I think my next move will be a 68/70 jet and see what that does :)

2. haugh

haugh New Member

Thats your problem you need to upjet ;)

3. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    my mate got all the crap out of his exhaust by getting a 2 litre bottle of coke, shaking it.and dropping a mentos sweet in it then putting the lid on the bottom of the exhaust, i thought it was fucking stupid but apparently it worked a treat..just an idea though ;)

4. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

if your worried about carbon build up - partially dilute oven cleaner so its viscousity is more like water, then pour in the exhaust for 30mins sealing both ends of with something

I wouldnt say so much its the jetting thats causing the problem, you must be delicate order something maybe 4- 6 sizes up from a standard jet for a sports exhaust, usually 4% increase

5. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    4%?

and the rest

as for de-coking an exhaust remember to take the end can off, as there are better ways of cleaning end cans, and you can just put a potato on one end and fill the exhaust with costic soda for around 15 minutes then poor away and flush with water then leave to dry.

and i would say its jetting mixed with a high carbon build up exhaust.

6. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

yes 4% for a sports exhaust

8-10% for a 70 kit

7. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was just out testing it with the 4g rollers so it was revving pretty high and suddenly the revs started to crack up a little bit so I slowed and then it got a bit more erratic definately felt electrical I was about 3miles from home and got to the steepest hill I was begging to get up it and vroom putt putt putt it stopped!!

just spent the last hr pushing it home, drunks every where ripping the shit out off me!!!

God I need a new life!!!

Ayway I'm thinking it's the sparkplug, didn't seem mechanical as when it was at low revs it was still pulling me along okish, also no ugly munching noises or anything!

What do think guys, it was at about 9000 revs when it started to crack up and splutter a little....still pulled ok for a bit and then just went from worse to worse..

sound electrical to you ?

8. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

check the plug to see if it sparking !

9. lucky13

lucky13 Member

can't find my bloody spark plug spanner, looking high and low for it now...hopefully that's all it is :) fingers crossed

10. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

hopefully :D

11. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

how old is the bike lucky?

have you checked the inside of the trans case? you could have snapped the belt or something or incorrectly installed the variator, making it fall off hence the reason why it wouldnt pull you up the hill

pull the engine cover off, and look for any damage,

sorry to hear what happened mate I know how you feel

edit: what tool did you use to change the rollers?

12. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

i do too and is fooking awfull :msn1: :D

13. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    4% for an exhaust is underjetting.

14. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

how is it underjetting sw1ft??

i put a 92 main jet in which is about 6% increase cos attack didnt have the 90 in stock and my plug is running more black and I have to clamp my thumb on the choke for the engine to fire up now

never had to use the choke before

15. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    well because 4% of a standard 56 jet in a piaggio motor would mean an increase up to a 58 jet.

whereas in reality its around a 62-64 jet

16. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Sparks fine and now it starts, but as soon as it warms up it starts breaking again, wierd!! I havn't connected teh choke so I wonder why once I've been driving it for a few mins it starts going wierd ??

Any ideas if it could be the ECU or something ?

17. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Anyone ?

18. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

get it to the right jetting mate and see what happens then

19. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Got it going again ok, I took all the carb off and replaced the plastic inlet manifold that holds the carb, the old one was all cracked but didn't seem to be leaking anyway it seems ok again but not sure if I trust it at the moment. I've popped 2x7.5 g rollers in and 4x 4g , seems a good mix, pulls away at 8000 rpm and pretty much stays around that rev range unless i get some speed up and then up to 9000/10000 max seems a good mix.

The bite from my polini clutch seems a bit weak any advice on how I can increase this to get a bit more pull/bite at the higher rev ranges ?

The colour of the springs seems to be just a metal colour

20. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    variator has to be balanced, dont put uneven weights in.

as in dont put 4 of one weight and 2 of another, thats unbalanced.

and 7.5 is much too high.

you want around 5gram rollers, using either 3 4grams and 3 6 grams, or 6 5 grams.