kYMCO AGILITY 50 (DON'T LAUGH) RUNNING ISSUES

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by euphiesman, Jan 6, 2008.

1. euphiesman

euphiesman New Member

I have a 2006 Kymco Agility, it revs like a mad man and the back wheel always turns. but the momunt you put it on the road it strugles to hit 20, and when you back off it stalls !!!!!!!

its been de-restricted and has a sports box, apparently it has been up jetted, when I 1st got it she would hit just under 40, then hit what i can only describe as an electronic limiter.

I've given up on it because parts are hard to get and she looks crap, so have bought a new aprillia SR50 R to replace.

need to get the heap running OK so I can sell

2. steve-k

steve-k New Member

just sell it to some dumbass and tell them that a ped has to be restricted to 20mph :p

it does have its good points i suppose, it wheel spins easily!

you'll just need to adjust the tickover for it not to stall when you back it off.

3. fuj_yammy54

fuj_yammy54 New Member

i think its a fault with ur clutch..

4. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    try progressing slowly through the rev range, if it revs alright until half throttle its the main jet, which i doubt, as it spins fine on the stand.

i think the problem lies in the rollers, buy a new set of the same weight, and buy a set a gram lighter, then have a play and see what works best, remember that every engine is different so be patient.

5. euphiesman

euphiesman New Member

when the bike is cold the wheel is still as the engine runs slower as the revs build when the bike warms up then the wheel starts to spin, as it would if you reved it.

it seems to rev fine.

It has a K&N filter on which I am told are more hastle than good, as it sits above the rear wheel with a big cut out of the arch where the old air box was(which i didn't get with the bike).

I'm starting to think it's better sold as a project!!!

6. steve-k

steve-k New Member

the tickover must be too high for the rear wheel to spin on its own. turn it down, take the k+N filter off and put a standard one on. then see how it goes because it may not be jetted correctly for the air filter.

7. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

plus has it got stiffer springs and lighter rollers for the sports pipe??

8. Haresign

Haresign New Member

Rides:
    GPR50 + Peugeot 307
    [​IMG]??????

if your not up for my first idea then check your rollers to see if they're worn,

has it ever been running alright? If so and it's just started doing it then it probably will be your rollers.

all peds rev higher when they get hot, just have to change the idle until it's ok on tickover when it's both cold and hot.

mine always cuts out when cold but then it's fine when it's hot.

EDIT: just read dave's thread and euphiesman, what do you mean by sports box, air filter or exhaust?

9. euphiesman

euphiesman New Member

plus has it got stiffer springs and lighter rollers for the sports pipe??[/quote]

don't know new to peds said on the add it was up jetted and race/sports cam??????

10. euphiesman

euphiesman New Member

EDIT: just read dave's thread and euphiesman, what do you mean by sports box, air filter or exhaust?[/quote

K&N air filter and slip on sports exhaust!!!!! what ever that means, sorry new to peds, and infact bikes in general

11. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

don't know new to peds said on the add it was up jetted and race/sports cam??????[/quote]

is that a typo sports cam...or is it 4 stroke??

12. euphiesman

euphiesman New Member

is that a typo sports cam...or is it 4 stroke??[/quote]

4 stroke this much I DO know.

13. spectroplasm

spectroplasm Member

Rides:
    pug309 GTI / PGO bmx

4 stroke this much I DO know.[/quote]

oh man good luck with a 4 stroker, those things have all sorts of problems and my uncle has a kymco 100 bike which is a 4 stroker too, i remember him always messing with his butterfly carb cause it would sometimes have no gas running properly, this also causes the engine to build revs btw and then when you really need it to run there's no more gas left for it to use and it stalls or makes that buarkbuark sound, also if it has been up jetted it might be also that it's too big of a jet and the engine has a hard time eating all the extra gas fed to it, so when you leave the throttle the engine get's drowned in the extra gas and can't idle.

14. Haresign

Haresign New Member

Rides:
    GPR50 + Peugeot 307

I thought the idle jet was used during idle?

The main jet doesn't get used until you get going?

i might be wrong :p

15. spectroplasm

spectroplasm Member

Rides:
    pug309 GTI / PGO bmx
    no you're right about the main jet and idle jet :). but the problem here is that there is already too much gas in the barrel and when u leave the throttle the carb will close the venturi for the air and thus the gas wins over the fuel mix and the spark cant burn it all away resulting in no idle. :) that's what i was trying to say.

16. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i'm having exactly the same problem with an 07 reg kymco agility 50, started to bog when revving now hardly revs at all, looking into valves this week, will update you on how it goes. had the carb out and cleaned, still the same problem.

to be fair these bikes are not as reliable as they should be.

17. euphiesman

euphiesman New Member

sounds like a good place to start, how do you check/set up the carb, or where can i find this info?????

18. fuj_yammy54

fuj_yammy54 New Member

good link on the homepage. tellls u everythin u need to know about carbs :D

19. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    right, to get the carb out you need to undo the 4 seat tub bolts (inside) and the one that holds the front bit on (inside at the front)

the seat tub will lift out and the front plastic pannel will pop out (makes a horrible cracking noise)

now to remove the carb you need to dis-connect the fuel hose (and have something like a bolt ready to block it as the vac-tap never works) remove the auto choke from the carb its self (2 flat head bolts), then remove the vaccum pipe.

now you should be able to remove the carb by undoing the 2 jubilee style clips on the manifold and the airbox hose.

now strip the float bowl and clean all the jets out, also make sure the float moves up and down freely (these are shite carbs).

re-assemble and remove the top cap on the carb, check the black diafragm isn't torn as this is a vaccum operated throttle, if it looks ok replace the cap.

re- fit the carb and check that the fuel tap is opening (remove the item you blocked the hose with and make sure fuel flows (you may have to suck the vaccum pipe)).

if after this the bike is still being a shit, let me know.