kubler zip 300 monster

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by andythebuilder, Dec 4, 2016.

1. andythebuilder

andythebuilder New Member

20160622_142143.jpg 20161014_202901.jpg Hi all,
    I posted about a zip lc 200 conversion a while ago, but that was a bit tame, so i rebuilt the engine with a kubler crank conversion with malossi 300 kit, dellorto phf 38, tuned air intake to the second harmonic 70mm intent trumpet with a ram air filter sock, innerotor ignition, one off camshaft ground by webcams in Massachusetts USA,
    The power is controlled by a Dr pulley hit clutch and bell, malossi torque driver Polini primary and malossi secondary gears.
    So i have 30.5 rwbhp 0-60 circa 3.5 seconds and a top speed electronically limited to the110 mph ( i dont want to over rev the engine and blow it up), the power is right on cam at around 60mph - 85 mph and i have filled my trousers twice on the motorway by being to aggressive with the throttle and the front end lifting. WP_20161204_10_22_19_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_23_44_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_24_56_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_27_25_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_27_45_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_23_55_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_24_33_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_24_13_Pro.jpg WP_20161204_10_25_07_Pro.jpg
    I have made an electronic dash and fitted it into a piaggio fly 3v set of clocks, the frame required no mods as i manufactured a special engine mount.
    The look i was after was totally stock and i think i have achieved this as people think this is the new facelift zip.
    The rev counter is a special 20,000 digital one i also wired a volt meter above it, where the original clock i replaced it with a digital 3 function read out. Every 5 seconds it flashes the time, then the outside temp (you can see the thermostat fitted in the front fairing ), then the exhaust gas temp.Their is also a battery monitor fitted where the ecl was ( it turns green amber or red to warn of over/under charging)
    I fitted heated grips and special bar end weights with the mirrors attached.
    The front and rear suspension is imported from YSS Thailand and is a factory race spec.
    There are two vespa GTS radiators fitted one in the usual place and one under the floor up against the wheel well. I fitted a digital engine coolant gauge to the left handler cowling and a stereo to the right. WP_20161204_10_22_37_Pro.jpg 20161008_131045.jpg 20161008_130946.jpg 20161008_131004.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. scootinon

scootinon Member

Rides:
    Kymco Xciting 500 Ri
    Very sweet ride. Well done. It really looks smart. Mirror placement really works. Total quality I can see. Adult nappies work for the pants filling.... [emoji23]

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

3. rossm

rossm Member

Seen your bike over at modernvespa and I really do like it

4. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    [​IMG]
    That thing looks and sounds nuts. Good job dude!

5. Civvy

Civvy Member

Nice. Are these Leader cases then?
    Did you consider EFI?

6. andythebuilder

Hi c these are indeed leader cases, it started life as a 124cc zip and i wanted a bit more pep, i went down the road of an ac malossi 187 kit along with all the bells and whistles it produced 17.5 rwhp but not enough so from there on i went lc and it all got a bit out of hand after that lol several thousand £ later and i ended up with this beauty. the fi system is very flawed for piaggio and not tunable, the carb i have is a monster in itself a dellorto phf38 which is usually found on a big ducati superbike.
    until i have a steeper primary gear made i am stuck at 110 mph, i have seen 118 mph but the engine was screaming at 14200 rpm the sound between 10,000 - 13,000 rpms is so sexy think exotica italian sports car noise :)

greyrider likes this.
  7. Civvy

Civvy Member

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Now that's the kind of build I like.
    It looks like nothing fancy, quite standard in fact.
    But then it shifts like it shouldn't.:eek::D
    And you upgraded the brakes as well, which is what a lot of people forget to do, with the obvious bone breaking consequences.
    Very nice, well done.

9. andythebuilder

many thanks for your kind comments steve, i have always gone for the wolf in sheeps clothing look, it also keeps plod and thieves at bay.
    i particularly liked the look of an m3 drivers face when i flashed him over to the middle lane at 100 mph, it was wtf an egg whisk just flew past me am i seeing things.
    another time i was at the lights when an audi r6 rolled up, he bailed out of the drag race as i reached 70 , he would not look at me at the next set of lights he was far to embarrassed to admit he had just been smoked by a moped :), when the lights turned green again he did not want to play LOL.
    cheers Andy

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love doing stuff like that, but my bikes are much bigger cc, older, but modded.
    My zzr was the one that chav's liked to take on, no chance obviously, 0-60 in 3 seconds (1st gear), 100mph in 5 seconds (2nd gear)
    Scoobies, Skylines, GT3's, all dust.............I do miss it sometimes................

But as we all know, you can spend mega £'s on all these mods and you'll never see it all back, but it's what we like to do so it doesn't really matter, we just move on to the next one.

scubabiker likes this.
  11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Good to see a tuned 4 stroke

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You thought about nitro and forced induction?

13. andythebuilder

Hi buddy yes been there and done that on a s6rt 69cc zip sp , it was lethal and is the reason i have titanium knees hips and elbow, nearly killed me at Santa pod down the 1/4 partially blocked fogger unblocked and the scooter flipped at over 80mph.
    It's well documented on another site, it's the reason i now tune 4ts it's enough of a challenge, all to my Mrs and grand kids relief.
    Cheers Andy

14. greyrider

greyrider New Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  15. Str

Str New Member

Hello,

What innerotor ignition did you use?

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Doppler do one I think?