Kisbee having variator problems?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Spencertq, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Spencertq

Spencertq New Member

Ok so I recently wanted to speed up my scooter a bit from 50kph max so I ordered some variator rollers.
    Everything was fine and I installed them however when I tried to turn on my scooter, things weren't normal. There was a bit of a rattle to start off but then it wouldn't work well. I tried driving it but once it reached around 5-10kph it felt like the rear brake was coming on? It was almost like it couldn't speed up and the brake was always slowing it down. I also fiddled with the carburettor fuel air mix but I don't think its that as I have changed it before. I even tried using my old rollers however the problem persists

I really need help as I now have no transport

2. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Could it be the rear brake? Is it disc or hub, make sure you've not trapped or pulled on the rear brake cable when putting bits back together.
    Could be that you've not put the variator back together properly, open up the transmission case and check the plates move freely and the clutch isn't sticking. Meke sure all variator spacers and washes are in the right places.
    Running like the brakes on doesn't sound like a carb or roller issue, sounds mechanical like binding brakes or belt not riding up the transmission.

3. Spencertq

Spencertq New Member

I didn't touch anything to do with the brakes. Just took of the parts that are before the rollers. I think you might be right about the belt, that's what it feels like

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks for the help

4. Spencertq

Spencertq New Member

UPDATE: IT WORK. I thoroughly checked those parts and found the problem

Thanks a lot for helping, saved me a lot of money

5. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Excellent, what was wrong .