Kinda New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Tamiyacowboy, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    hello, names paul and im from a little gaff on the east coast of england called the norfolk broads.

been into bikes since 1983 , mostly riding them on the open farmer fields, things like DT175's old honda H100s , rxs100s and a few motocrossers , yz80 - kx100 - kx 125 works - rm 250 , i owned a couple bikes myself a old honda camino field bike and a honda MTX125 field bike. with a hand full of honda cubs 70-90's and a couple of townmate 90's

could always find me down my mates yard tinkering with bikes , or hammering them round the local fruit fields. we did not have much money so we used to chip in together as a group with our mates and own bikes between four of us.
    my first ever legal road bike was a 2004 peugeot speedfight 2 50cc LC, i owned it to get to work and back as a security guard in a local teaching college , had it three days when a Bmw driver decided they had the right of way from junction and pulled out infront of me. the field riding kicked in and i flatsided a brand new scoot for about 30yrds . needless to say the road rash lasted a lot longer on my kin than it did the plastics.
    after i lost my job i lost the scooter unable to pay for it. roll on a good few years my health took a dive and i had a heart attack, three years later i decided i needed to get back on the road more so to keep me sane and give me back the freedom i lost ( i gave up kiteboarding and skateboarding - bmx and trail biking )

i now own a little sym jet basix one of 106 left on the uks roads at this time. its name is pedro because its a ped and i sometimes row it like a boat when crawling up hills.
    my other hobbys are radio control , im a dab hand at tinkering and build my own drones -planes and taught myself to fly them inc helicopters, i am an avid gamer to playing assetto corsa - eurotruck sim - american truck sim and a eve online veteran of 8yrs ( im taking a three year break from eve get my mojo back ). i have also tinkered with 3d printers and printing 3d design and airbrushing ( i own a cheap airbrush setup ) , i love starwars ( i mean what young boy did not have a cruch on leah lol ) to and would love to own a stormtrooper costume.

anyways thats enough about me and a big hello to everyone at the scootershack :)

sean178 likes this.
  2. sean178

sean178 Active Member

Who doesn't love a bit of star wars !!!
    I used to race 1/10 scale electric, many years ago.
    I'm currently teaching myself to fly a little e-flight msr, it's a nippy little bugger.
    Never tried kite boarding but do have a selection of Pansh power kites, people look at you a bit gone out when you tell them you're off to the park to fly your kite, until they see you getting dragged round a playing field by an 8mtr monster, although that only ever comes out in the lightest of winds.
    I did wonder if the "Tamiyacowboy" handle was rc related.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yes the avatar name came from my cowboy antics with tamiya rc stuff.
    i had found a tamiya F1 chassis and tore it apart to custom build a kiddies toy rc into a large 1/12th rock climber, unknown to me the tamiya F1 chassis was a rare model at the time and i had made it totally useless lol hence the Tamiya and the cowboy ( cowboy as in bodge job stuff lol)

flexifoil blade i owned a little 4.5m petrol and a cheapy mountain board, yes i got those same looks strapping on the seat harness and hokking into the kite but once people see me being dragged around like a rag doll they had more of an interest and respect for the extreme side of kiting. i also taught my godson who was 6yr old at the time to powerkite he used to sit on my lap when i was hooked in and he would power up the blade and off we went booty scudding along the ground at like 15mph , the giggles that came from him had me smiling from ear to ear.

then we moved onto skateboards he used to see me spinning a few kickflips and likes and pumping the boards to get some speed up, so one day i took him and his best mate to the local indoor skate ramps , soon had them pumping the quarterpipes and riding the bowl , in the end i pruchased him his own little 2m kite and a cheap board kitted out with some ceramic bearings.
    his little brother did not like boarding to much or kites, but did like to see me flying rc planes so one day i took him out to the local school field and and taught him to fly rc planes took about an hour and a half then he was flying solo with me just keeping an eye on him egging him on with loop the loops and barrel rolling .

its nice to pass on those skills as maybe one day they will teach their own children those things and egg them on to sports and hobbys

sean178 likes this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Staff member of the future.... :).