KAR Worx - opinions?

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by Buzz, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

hi, since selling my 650 bike for financial reasons ive seriously missed it. Im looking for a very inexpensive bike just for a 10 mile commute and short trips. A project doesnt phase me as im currently rebuilding my lads scooter.
    I have found a KSR Worx, 2012, low mileage for £450. Good condition except for an easily repaired snapped cable. The question is, having only had hondas and kawasaki would i be buying a pile of trouble or is £450 a good price for this bike? if i considered repairing and reselling instead then what sort of profit might i expect to make?

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    a 2016 worx goes for around 1.5k on autotrader , but thats a minter new stock in show room.

not sure on a 2012 you would want to research a few selling pages see what they roughly make.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Ive heard nothing bad about them.
    Same engine as a cub/monkey bike right?

4. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Not sure. Its a cheap suzuki engine i think. Auto correct made my title read kar, its a ksr worx. Hardly any for sale in the uk and used 2016 models are running at £700 - £800. I was thinking £450 for a 125 bike is good but now reckon i wont take the chance. Its the unknown repairs needed for an mot that worry me. Ill keep looking for that cheap gem as a project.

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    whats exploding on the market at this time is :

fourstroke 125cc supermoto type bikes , adrenaline and the likes
    CBR-YZR 125cc sportys again fourstroke and popular with the 17yr olds
    Honda cubs, theres been a revival of the cub scene lately more so the street cub style but a good clean cub can reach upwards of 800-1000 and even more.

the explosion in pitbikes (onroad registered) has taken a dive in recent years due to poor quality bikes flooding the market , the super small 4lt tanks and the poor quality have shown and they have taken a somewhat dive , same with the monkey bikes not many younguns want to be riding dinkys any more the fad just died.

most are now looking at the CAT C right offs and buying up those cheap crashed 125cc sportys and getting them back on the road then pumping them out for around 700-900 quid to the new 17yr olds looking for a 125 upgrade from 50cc.

6. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Thanks, that helps as i am looking at projects to buy, repair and sell

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

+1 on the cub, they are the next big thing. If you see one under 500 buy it.
    Flat trackers are quite in too as are bobbers. Find something that could be turned into one and your sorted