Just looking for top speed and getting there

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Mp, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Mp

Mp New Member

Hi, first off i tried to find threads like it on the search but it wouldn't work kept having an error.

Here we go, standard Gilera DNA 50 58' plate fully derestricted and needs abit of decent speed so im taking it up to a 70 for starters with a new exhaust.

Been looking at these 70 kits;
    Malossi cast iron - £130
    Stage6 by Athena - £163
    Polini Aluminium - £183
    Polini Evo - £230 (Over budget Reported 22BHP & I'll need a new crankshift so about £330)
    CPH Aluminium - £93 (http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/p/CPH-70cc-ALUMINIUM-ROAD-KIT-FO-2093.aspx
    Also been looking at a Metrakit 70cc kit

Exhausts;
    Arrow 50cc carbon effect
    Leo Vince ZX
    Laser X Pro (Everyones out of stock)
    Polini http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/p/POLINI-SCOOTER-TEAM-EXHAUST-SY-2346.aspx

Was wondering what parts would work well together :tup:

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    cheap is polini iron and a cheapo sports pipe, not fast

want somthing a bit decent go c16 and an airsal t6 kit. cheap, fast, fun.

or do it properly and fit a new crank, flow the case (as any decent kit even the t6 needs) and use a GOOD quality kit.. the evo's i built 2 years ago are running fine now, ive killed 3 kits in as many months not using polini... theres a reason i recomend polini wherever possible. spending 100 quid more half as often is the same money. tunning isnt cheap, dont be cheap, it will cost you more in the long run

oh and if you want to tune a bike start wiht a light one not a TANK of an automatic motorcycle like the dna... (ye, it aint a scooter if your feet dont touch)

3. Mp

Mp New Member

Yeah, would of been easier with a normal ped but im 6"7 and my legs are next to the handlebars so it's hard as f**k to turn lol :rofl:

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if your that tall why the FOOK did you buy a dna? new at that :confused:

give up, wait a year, get a 125 runner. dont say it often, but dont even bother with this. dreaming of a fast dna aitn gonna happen so cheap pipe and a GOOD reliable polini iron kit will do, anything else is wasting money/chasing your tail

5. Mp

Mp New Member

because of the design of it at the side your legs go down at a angle with comfort still, so i can do U-turns without getting the handlebars stuck in my legs -- Yes my CBT was rather fun lol

been thinking of ditching the DNA selling for a £1500, losing 500 odd buying a used RS125 old model

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    even worse decision, dna's are made for short people not tall ones... whoever sold you that wanted to sell you the most expensive bike they could (and did) rs, big waste of time.

7. Mp

Mp New Member

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ok, so your ignoring completly... PM TUNNING PRODUCTS ARE FUCKING SHIT. READ THE FORUM BEFOR YOU ASK ANYRTHING ELSE. EVERYONE ASKS THIS SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN

9. Mp

Mp New Member

Sorry lol, i came across them trying to find a c16 and a airsal t6 kit, can't find them anywhere so perhaps just the polini cast iron & pipe it is then

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you wont find good parts on pm website.... you will just find shit thats worse than there shit kit wich makes it look good, twice the price of anywhere else.... just plain dont use the site/shop or company.. there fucking useless... i order from europe. maybe LINKS would be a good place to start

11. Mp

Mp New Member

What new speed do you think i'll be seeing in the normal run with the polini 70cc cast iron sport kit & aftermarket exhaust? As at the moment im seeing 35-40 fully derestricted standard, not what i expected at all.

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    LOOOOOK

ATTTT

OTHER

THREADS

13. Mp

Mp New Member

Yeah, have done there isn't any hardly with just big bores and nothing else unless im expected to hit 65-70 like on the other threads :p

14. jon_w

jon_w New Member

15. Vesta

Vesta New Member

if your on about clock speed the average hiper2pro does that with just sports pipe and transmission anyway.

Polini 70kit will be enough, match it with a ginelli reverse/doppler s3r and your away

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    dna= fuckin heavy bike... add to this a large rider and its never gonna move particularly fast for the spec. it will be slower than any like for like engine build. but ye, top speed of the gearing is what, 60 ish thats full revs wiht a pipe if it has the power, pipe and kit will do the same (dont be expecting more top end untill you get into revvy revvy kits wich you blow left an right) the 70 kit just makes power easier and gives you the option to actually ride under full throttle (50 barrel and pipe the throttle becomes an on and off affair, mid throttle is a thing of the past) useless for road riding

17. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Somethings wrong then, Last DNA I went on done 52 clock speed (just de-restricted).

Spending twice as much half as often is the same money.

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    my time is worth money.... as should anyones be. time is saved and you have a better barrel... but yes if you dont mind ripping it down often go for the fastest for your money (quality/finnish will be poor) and use cheap oil.. all works out the same in the end, only factor being time and the ammount of times you push your bike home a month/year