Jonway Saga pt2

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Nubsey, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Hi all, Well the Jonway saga continues.
    The front brake assembly has arrived. This was fitted no problems. For us that is a first, we even bleed the system with out a hitch.We found where the front indicators should go, and went to our local motor sickle shop and bought a pair of indicators. Once fitted all worked ok. The rear indicators required new bulbs. The trouble was that one of the indicator covers broke, so have ordered another set of indicators online. A bit of a pain but these things are sent to try us. It appears that the main reason for the horn not working is that there is not one fitted. We tried to buy one at the afore said motor sickle dealers, but he did not have any, so that has also been ordered on line. The wing mirrors that I thought attached to the front brake assembly don't. There are fitments on the handle bars, so will not be fitting the bar end ones I purchased mainly because the mirror makes things seem further away than they really are.
    Still have a petrol leak from the petcock. I might try another fibre washer, but might just order a new petcock, as the old one does seem possibly bent, as the nut that you tighten onto the tank goes loose then tight then loose again as the petcock seems a little bent. That could also be the problem. The grandson lost the nut for the battery when he went to charge it, but the nice man in the motor sickle shop found a replacement.
    The bike starts ok on the battery, but the starter motor is not to good. Suspect that the cogs/bendix requires replacing. But it starts first kick on the kick start. So that might get left. Just got to sort out a pile of screws to hold the body panels in place, and all should be well.

Will keep you all updated with the progress.
    Nubsey

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Don't rely on the kickstart all the time, it's for emergency use only. it will break if used all the time, get the electric start sorted !