Jonway saga continues

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Nubsey, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Well the Jonway saga continues. We fitted the lights to the bike and had checked them before. So we fitted the front. Then we fitted the seat back into the bike. All looking good. Went to start the bike but the battery was flat, so we put battery on charge. Tried to start bike on kick start, but no joy. Charger showed battery charged after a coulpe of minutes. Well it wasn't still would not turn over. Lets not mees about says me "We will jump start it" Took bike to the car, and connected the jump leads. This proved to be a task in it self as the jump lead would not go over the positive terminal as it was too big. Got a croc clip and that sorted it. Spun up a treat, but would not fire. Had a quick check of the basics and no spark. I wonder if we have done something to the wiring when we fitted the seat. Next problem, we could not unlock the seat. Anyway after much faffing around, we managed to get the seat to unlock.

Yes we had disconected a wire when putting the seat back. Then we check the lights and found one was not working now, so back off with the front and fixed that again. Also we need a new back brake lever as the rear brake light does not work and it looks like it is the switch in the lever that is duff. The bike then started to run a bit lumpy and would not respond to the throtte as she should, so disconected the choke but made no real differance. I now know that, that leaves the choke open. Anyway we refitted the air filter as this was off the bike. It sound like a fuel problem and I thought that it might not be getting enough fuel, but thought I would refit the filter anyway. Now it will not start at all. Have removed the air filter but to no avail. We do have a spark, but I wonder if we have broken off another wire or somethiing. Anyway started to get dark so have given up for the time being.

The bike now turns over on the starter motor with out being jump started, so possibly the battery charger is duff. I knew it would have been easier to just buy a brand new bike.

Will post the next exciting episode soon.

Nubsey

Stevep likes this.
  2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

If I bought a new bike every time I thought that I would be stone cold broke! I think you done the right thing keeping the bike :cool:

3. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Well thats it, all done and dusted. Well not dusted because it needs a wash etc. Now just have to get it to an MOT shop and see what they have to say. Not to sure about the choke yet. It has not really had a ,long run or anything yet. The voltage is showing about 7.5 volts, which seems a little low. Also the head lights seem a little dim to me. So perhaps it needs a new regulator. But we will see what happens. But apart from that all is looking good.

Now that it is finshed all was perhaps good fun. But at times I could have cursed the bloody thing. Will let you know what the MOT man says when we get it done.

Nubsey

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

7.5 volts????o_Oo_Oo_O
    Where is it showing that please????:confused:

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

On the choke I think he means?

6. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Yes that is the voltage that is going to the choke.
    Nubsey