Jonway madness 50cc

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Darren.hall1985, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Darren.hall1985

Darren.hall1985 New Member

Hi im currently repairing a jonway madness 50cc 2013 and someone has literally cut the wireloom in half previous owner reckon his dogs chewed it but we will beg to differ on that i need help with all the wires from side stand plug back i have matched all the colours etc but still have no spark and one brake light and very weird acting lights does any one have a wire diagram they could post here there was one on another post but the links broke any help would be helpful many thanks Darren

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
  3. Darren.hall1985

Hey shunty thanks for ypur reply turns out thats the service manual i found elsewhere on internet but wire diagram doesnt match colours what are on loom but wired it as diagram which is how it currently is at the stage i have it so far

4. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I see
    I have a Chinese scoot and I found the wiring on different diagrams the colours are different
    If you have a black or black/white cable on the side stand that is from the CDI and when sent to earth cuts the CDI so engine stops
    Try leaving off side stand and see if you get a spark
    Also does your headlight work with the ignition on?

5. Darren.hall1985

I have tried the side stand trick as i did read exactly that but didnt make any difference i have also tried another cdi, the cdi has power as it has a light on it one question though should u have voltage running through cdi power and pickup when turning bike over as i have nothing through pickup wire also headlight doesnt come on if i turn ignition on but work if i use the flasher for highbeam

6. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Hi Darren, I have sent you a PM that should have the diagrame I used on the Madness. It worked ok on getting the engine running etc. We did not have the alarm system so we did not bother with it. All runs ok until the plug was stuck in cross threaed by his mate, so now will have to drop the head and see what we can do about it. All the best and hope that works. Nubsey

[​IMG]

7. Darren.hall1985

Hi nubsey ues i got ur pm thank u do u know if all the greens are linked to together and are they connected to battery negative or frame also did ur colours match on magneto to coil as mine dont

8. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Greens are earth wires, so frame or neg on battery, they are all the same. Really cannot remember as the wiring was not cut that far back. Go online and see how a cdi works of a stator, and that might help you out. Where do you live? Nubsey

9. Darren.hall1985

I live in somerset i have all green tied together and cdi is wired up as follows
    Red/black to red/white
    Red/white to blue/white
    Green to ground
    Black/white to black/white from ignition and side stand
    Black/yellow to black/yellow from coil

I have swapped red/black and red/white around on magneto and if i do cdi has no power but has power but no spark wired as above so at this stage im leaning towards a faulty pickup from magneto but im not sure if u would still have spark if it was faulty or not where would i wire black/white to incase side stand is faulty does it have to go to earth or 12v i have tried to earth but made no difference wires from magneto are
    White
    Yeĺlow
    Red/black
    Blue/white

I know white and yellow go to voltage rectifier and red/black is cdi power and blue/white is pickup just cant work out why it still dont have spark i have tested voltage from magneto when firing and nearly all wires are dead

10. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    I live in London, so cannot come round to help you.
    I am not really an electrician, and we had no problems with wiring it up. I just found out what wires went where. So check out your cdi. Some have five wires and some have six. There was no cdi when we bought the bike, so a new one from ebay cost about £6 and contained a cdi, spark plug on/off switch, coil and a small loom to fit the cdi. I suggest that you go on you tube and find out how to check out magnetos cdi's etc. We do not have any wires going to side stand. So if you disconnect them, that will eliminate that as a problem. Have you tested out your coil? https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/143176832057
    Sorry I cannot be more helpful
    Nubsey

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  11. Darren.hall1985

Nubsey how have u wired the cdi kit u have linked above many thanks

12. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    I'm sorry In really cannot help you any more. This was a ages ago, and I have forgotten how. If you go on you tube which is what I did, you should find out how a cdi/variator works, and how to tell what is what. Have you tried another cdi incase the one you have is duff.
    Nubsey.

13. icantbreath

icantbreath New Member

Hi have you checked your stator? If u checked all the wires from the stator don't have voltage in them then something big is wrong. Also check the ohms on them. Always put the black probe on the battery if possible.