Jonway front brake.

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Nubsey, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Have a look on Chinese motorcycle parts online, they should have one , most of the chinese are pretty much the same so you could make anyone fit off a similar model !

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Why do you need a complete caliper?
    Even if the bleed nipple is snapped off it can be drilled and tapped, buy new pistons and seals, good to go again.

4. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Hi Stevep, at the moment I don't need a caliper, just the brake lever and reservior tank. But if I do need one when we have the front brake lever installed, then as they are only £11 I will buy one as it comes complete with new pads etc, and I dare say it will cost me that much just for the parts. Then I have to fit it all. My way would just be a straight swap and no hassle.But thanks for the suggestion

5. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Hi Marsh, have winged off an email to chineseparts. Asked two questions and have had a reply. Not answered my questions just asked me for make and model, plus reg number. I told them the make model year etc in my email. All I want to know is the size of the fluid holder and does it have a wing mirror attachment. But it does look close in the photos, but they only show the underside.

6. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Hi again chaps. Well got the front brake lever. Thanks for the info Marsh. Eventually got the guy to give me the dimentions, and they were just what I wanted. He told me is was not compatable with the Jonway, but I have both side by side and apart from the fact that there is no wing mirror attachment they are the same. So will fit this weekend.

I cannot find any front indicators on the bike. I have looked a photos on the net and there appear to be two that should be under the handle bars, but I have nothing. Any ideas, are the part of the side light or have they been removed. I know its one thing after another.

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Is there any wiring for indicators ?

8. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Hi Marsh, don't know yet. Will see what we find at the weekend. But I hate this sort of thing!!