Jog RR variator weights?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Camiboy2, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Camiboy2

Camiboy2 New Member

Hi ive recently bought a 2006 Yamaha jog rr liquid cooled and at the moment its all standard, i wanted to improve the acceleration by buying a new variator but was wondering which everyone thought was the best to buy, also which roller weights were best for improved acceleration. Im also going to replace the 12.5mm carb with a new 17.5 dellorto.

2. brettfield999

brettfield999 Member

Rides:
    Typhoon 172
    Check this dude:
    http://www.scootershack.co.uk/rollerguide.html

Not sure what the standard rollers are but stick with standard if your bike is standard. Your should only get lighter ones if you starting tuning with an exhaust. Also if there is no problem with the carb leave it. If you want to upgrade the carb don't do so until you get a exhaust and bore kit. etc. Apparently a new variator is a good addition to a aerox/jog but you should start of with an exhaust, upjet and rollers all at once.

3. Camiboy2

Camiboy2 New Member

Okat thanks, do you think a yasuni r exhaust would be good on it ?

4. brettfield999

brettfield999 Member

Rides:
    Typhoon 172
    ive never used one but after doing some research it seems a bit full on for your setup as its is more of a race pipe than a "sports" one. Back in my 50cc days i've used:
    Malossi which snapped as they are prone to on the 50cc pipes but it makes the best noise. Replaced with a gianelli reverse kevlar
    And on 2 other bikes Leovince ZX which was good and Leovince TT which was pants but did the job.
    There are 2 sections in the guides section which you can find on the homepage which shows performance figures for a sports, mid race and race pipes.
    To be honest it depends what you are looking for, if you're 16 nearly it might be worth waiting to get a 125