Jog rr 70cc conversion carb choice?

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Piaggiozip50, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Piaggiozip50

Piaggiozip50 New Member

Rides:
    Kmx125 gsxr 600 zip
    I'm currently in the process of putting a 70 kit on a yamaha jog rr water cooled and as I'm used to zips and mainly air cooled scooters was hoping for some help regarding carb choice and air filter options.

It's a 59 reg with a 12mm gurter (I think), 70cc nakaru kit, malossi 70cc head. Will have a generic/ cheaper sports exhaust. Just wondering if anyone else has done this before so I know a ball park to work from to get it running right, fast and to not damage the new parts. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    A std 17.5mm dellorto off a zip/nrg would work ok as long as you jetted it up !

3. Piaggiozip50

Piaggiozip50 New Member

Rides:
    Kmx125 gsxr 600 zip
    Thanks for the reply.
    Would it need the coolant pipes like the one that's on the carb now or could I plug them/ route it back to the head?
    Also wondering which sort of filter would work best as heard open filters are a pita to set up and I've had insert panel filters which are a pain to set up aswell so would like any input. Looking to make the bike fast and as reliable as possible so any help appreciated.

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Keep the stock airbox, the 2 pipes are the thermostat bypass circuit/ carb heater, the nrg l/c has these pipe fittings and you need to connect them to the carb, if not then join them together , don't block them off!

5. Piaggiozip50

Piaggiozip50 New Member

Rides:
    Kmx125 gsxr 600 zip
    Ok thanks for that. Was thinking standard airbox and cheers for clearing what them pipes are for. Thanks again.

6. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    what jet would you recomend and is that for the airfilter with the cone still in it?

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Probably take the cone out, use the biggest main jet that it will run with full throttle, if it revs clean go bigger, if it splutters and die's on full throttle and you shut off the throttle a little and it pick's up then go a tad smaller . ALWAYS use the biggest jet it will take!!

8. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    dose 85 for a 17.5mm carb sound like a good place to start?

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    A good starting size but as I said, use the biggest jet you can, start big and work smaller !

10. Pete132

Pete132 New Member

I would use a 21mm with a race pipe