Joe's Typhoon 172 Project =D

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Runner-Joe, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    Well, yes another scoot lmao, i couldent resist buying this as it was quite cheap

picked it up at 11pm last night with kyle and his dad in the back of the cruser xD (like shinys)

stripped it down and its a seized engine, so im going to rebuild the top end as the crank seems fine etc

also a respray,M.O.T,tax

heres a pic of how i got it.....

[​IMG]

straight away at 1am i started work lo.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

its getting rebuilt and then other stuff like customized etc (depending on funds)

im going to keep the typhoon me thinks, the runner is going to go =(

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    Re: Joe's Typhoon 125 project =D

nice nice.. how much was it in the end? typh for lyph!! :hello:

3. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200

Early morning rebuilds, you're keen lol.
    That's what we like to see :mrgreen:

4. safekyle

safekyle New Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172

£160, but joe was keen and offered £170.
    But no tax disc nor mot slips just the green slip and log book should be sent off.
    If he wasnt gonna get it i was.

No starting the odd puff and some small backfires and the small about of smoke...Hmm.. spark. Gotta be scored...wacked it off and wadyakno :D

5. INO

INO Member

:p
    bargin lol

6. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg

Thyhoon Joe!! Not Runner joe :lol:

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

we can change your username for ya LOL

8. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg

no need hes selling this as soon as he finishes it then keeping his runner :cray:

9. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

thats a bargain and a half wish i could find a cheap one like that

10. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg

Joe you said that your peds broke down with the watercooling and it always goes wrong? now u got a tyh ditch the runner ;)

11. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

early morning rebuilds lol, reminds me of when id do all nighters from 7pm til 5 or 6am the next morning building a bike from a frame and a pile of parts with only a few cans of strongbow for company :confused:ick: looking good mate keep up the good work :mrgreen:

12. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125

:lol: you can change my name if you want minnor xD

erm yer basicaly needs top end and tax and an M.O.T im thinking of going for a 172kit
    but depending on funds etc.

first i want to strip it to the frame and then start work on it buy painting the frame and touching it up

more pics will be up later...

p.s thanks for all the replys god dam it ! best feed back ive had on my projects lol

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

put simply, its not just another runner... shack was nearly called "typhoon shack" belive it or not. LOL but ye, always alot more interest in rarer projects. everyone seems to have built a smart looking runner so its no interest in 99.99% of the projects

14. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Looking good Joe, keep us updated :cool:

Minor, do I really have to show you how it's done with a typh too? :aikido:

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

BAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahhaahhaah

bring it

16. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125

:lol:

minor you seem diffrent :confused:cratch: in a good way lol

Update....

Basicaly stripped it to the frame today and wagged college to do all this lol
    cleaned all the muck and shit off it, sanded the rust off it, now needs a good long lasting coats of paint :grin:

Been having a look at some typhoon projects and got some ideas of what to do with it :)

had a look at yours minnor and fk me its mint, and i like the cheeky nrg front wheel, so thats a must for mine.

im trying not to cheap out here but has anyone got a top end for me ? preferably 172 lol ?

no pictures as my phone decided to break... sony ericsons... :banghead:

tomorrow after college i will update you guys, and sunday i will have a fat update :)

17. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

lol talking about projects minor i need to upload my typh 183 project soon

18. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125

ok decided im definatly getting a 172 kit for my typhoon. now, could this be run on the standard crank ? bikes coverd 20,000 miles

and im going to be ordering from pm tuning (minnors fav place) as its the cheapest. :rotfl:

any other things to take in mind when fitting this kit ? as im not used to aircooled :huh:

cheers guys :)

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

check the ring end gap (see the haynes manual for instructrions, no point me explaning it again) the min/max gap is in the first section of the engine chapter.

20 thousand k is a fair old mialage, but if the crank is spinning nice and quiet and the conrod isnt excessivly loose side to side (few mm left to right at the small end is fine) again, messure the shims in the bearing as per the manual. ive managed 5k on a stock crank,, thats a 50 with a SILLY spec barrel and the crank STILL outlivved the 3rd cylinder. so ye, stock cranks arnt as bad as people say.. just a good crank is good and a shit crank is shit. depends on condition not make. altho an aftermarket crank is always a better option if you have the dogh, especially wiht a new kit..

id say your best bet is rebuild the engine, reniew the bearings and see if the crank is infact fucked or not. theres cheap ways to do it (i can rebuild the crank wiht a new conrod/bearings if you wanna save dogh) this way you just know its all good...

or look for an ac 125 an just try your engine out. you have never seen it running/heard it wihtout a fucked cylinder and you need to hear an engine run aswell as feel it/look at it too see if its fucked.

vx's are a bodge... i hate em, altho i do have them on the gf's scoot.. they can be lowerd down and stiffend up (pritty fuckin vital on a typh/nrg) better off with some dopler/malossi forks... or some stock nrg's but there hard to find. the only shitty part of a typh really is the life expectancy of the forks.. they dont last more than a couple years and once there fucked theres no point rebuilding them. if yours are good you need an nrg 3 bolt wheel to fit into typh forks or a 5 bolt wheel to go in nrg/runner/malossi forks

20. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125

nice 1 minnor, helped alot

Update....

Sanded down the frame and put it all back together, sprayed the front odd bits and bobs with 3 coats, and now just needs the back doing

also some shots of the pannels (they so need spraying)

:)

heres the shots, hope you like :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the engines dirty lol