Jetting Aerox. Help please.

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by AeroxSam, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AeroxSam

AeroxSam New Member

Well.. problem.
    Ive just fitted a new sports pipe on my 50 aerox and when riding along it stops accelerating about 25mph so i need to hit the manual choke and it starts accelerating. Is this due to me needing to upjet?

Also, does anyone know what carb and jetsize is in a 2002 50cc aerox as standard?

Thanks!!!!

2. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5
    when fitting a sports pipe you will need to lighten the rollers (why your bike is bogging at them kind of speeds) also you need to upjet by about 10% i.e if u have a 60 it would be 66..

3. AeroxSam

AeroxSam New Member

well im not sure what my previous rollers were.. but my ones are 4.3 as they came with the pipe.

4. tomt50

tomt50 Member

Rides:
    rs125
    im not sure it would need upjetting as i have an 02 aerox with a gianelli pipe and it runs better with the standard jet (86) than with a 90 i tried in there, it is the standard carb with the manual choke so i assume its the same as yours, mine was the same as your describing just loosing power at about 25/30 and taking forever to pickup again, still isnt perfect but the biggest improvement ive had was a stiffer torque spring behind the clutch, my mate put a polini variator in his and it stopped all the funny power losses at certain speeds so a decent variator could be of help. and standard carb and jetsize on mine is dellorto phbn 12mm and standard jet is 86.

5. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Use the search.. Or do some research in tuning auto scooters before banging a pipe on your bike without actually knowing what your doing.

The problem is, you've put a "sports" pipe on a bike thats setup for the standard pipe.. Thats the problem, and dont just assume the rollers included with the pipe will work, most of the time they are too heavy.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.