jetforce 125 with running problems

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by rosco0127, Nov 23, 2010.

1. rosco0127

rosco0127 New Member

got a jetforce 125 off ebay but i got a new battery and when it is fully charged she runs fine but the battery gets drained and she loses power and back fires had it in local bike shop and they are stumped have you got any ideas thanx steve

2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    why is the battery loosing charge?

has the charging system been checked?

And a introduction is always good too mate

3. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Could either be a bad battery (yes, brand new ones can be faulty), or your engine is not putting charge back into the battery, like when the altinator burns out on a car.

4. Martin_ov_leeds

Martin_ov_leeds New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I have had a jetforce 125 efi before and exactly the same problem happened, it is your charging system and this is a regular problem with the jetforce's since they are all electric!.. Get rid of it mate not been funny but they are brilliant bikes when working and are very nippy, they also look ace.. But the constant problems with them will burn a hole in your pocket and you will soon start to feel like the bikes robbing you (like it did me) and u will also realize most places wont touch it, the only people that will is the dealers and they was none near me.. and also if they is a peugeot dealer near you.. the prices are HUGE!.. A bit of friendly advice would be to get a more reliable scooter such as yamaha aerox,gilera runner,piaggio typhoon,piaggio zip... piaggio are the manafacturers that i trust (they make vespas need i say more!).. Anyways good luck with it fella but i really do genuinely feel sorry for you mate :(

5. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

its very easy to check if the problem is the charging system, all you need is
    a multimeter, doesnt have to be expensive...I got mine for £5.99p.

set the meter to volts D.C and connect the plus and negative to your battery, when the engine is running and revved the reading will go up if the charging system is ok.
    http://www.scootershack.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20787

6. Martin_ov_leeds

Martin_ov_leeds New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    yup do what dave is saying but also check it on tickover as mine what i had was ok when it was going but on tickover the battery light came on.. and when i checked on the net it said it was a fault with the jetforce efi series and the problem aint unusual