Jetforce 125 Compressor - Opinions

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by u33db, Mar 11, 2012.

1. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    One of these has popped up for sale round the corner from me.

What do you all think about them?

Ideally i was wanting a Gilera Runner but theres never any for sale up my way. However, from the specs, the jetforces se seem to come close on performance - 15bhp restricted or 20bhp derestricted...and this one for sale apprently is full power!

Are they near enough as quick as a runner?

I'm aware there's no tuning parts for them, no underseat storage etc etc but that doesn't bother me if they make the power stated...20bhp would be "enough" i think. I also have a full bike licence so am legal to ride one.

Comments welcome!

2. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Aren't they the supercharged 4 strokes?

3. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Yes, supercharged 125 4 stroke.

4. Sketchytom

Sketchytom Roach

Rides:
    Rally 50 you get me
    i hear the engines are very complicated and even simple things have to be done at dealer cause theres a big supercharger in the way

pretty fast for a scoot though

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

They are known to have problems with things breaking too. Theres a few topics on them already.

6. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Yes i've read that, although i've also read it took them a few years to refine the design so possibly the later ones might be a bit more robust?

Maybe...I suppose like most things most people will only post a review if they've had problem but i imagine they'll definately be more fragile/prone to bad maintenance.

The guy i'm buying it from has built quite a few Dragster 125/172s so it should be well maintained and he'll be able to give me an honest comparision with say a Gilera Runner performance wise.

I guess i'll find out tonight when i view it...

7. altharic

altharic Member

I'd love one of these it can do 85 without tinkering.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

8. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    All looked good last night and sounds mental - should be picking it up tonight!

9. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Got it yet ?

Don't you need a full licence to ride one due to power output ? Thought this was the reason they didn't sell well ?

10. tErr0

Reason was they were a complete fucking rip off for a pretty useless bike and if you generally have the licence to de-restrict one then you can buy a bigger cc 4 stroke that will do the same performance and have much better fuel economy etc etc.

Plus the reliability issues with the super charger messing up.

11. Sketchytom

Sketchytom Roach

Rides:
    Rally 50 you get me
    they were probably hoping for a similar response to the restricted 2 strokes where they were a hit for people on l plates de restricting them

12. ramo

ramo GoldMember

13. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Yes you need a full licence to ride the full power output.

As said if you have the licence then you'd generally buy a bigger cc scooter or a motorbike with better fuel economy.

But then as we all know again bigger scooters look crap and once you go over 150cc road tax doubles to £35. Ok the fuel economy of a bigger bike offsets that but i didn't buy it for fuel economy...i bought it because its different and quite rare.

Yes, the potential for large repair bills is there but its a toy so will only be used now and again...i'm also sure if the supercharger went it could be repaired for much less than buying an OEM replacement.

Anyway i got it last night.

Had to ride it home in the dark so didn't get a chance to give it a real ride but i'm pretty impressed.

The last owner fitted a scorpion exhaust which sounds great...and thats pretty much all you hear when belting along. However, my girlfriend followed me home in the car and she said from behind the whine from the supercharger is very noticeable!

It also accelerates very quickly and there no waiting for the powerband like a 2 stroke...kinda the same feeling as comparing a revvy normally aspirated car to a turbo diesel car...even with the same bhp in the diesel you've got power all the time due to the torque and the jetforce is the same.

It just pulls.

The only thing is that with the extra drag on the engine from the supercharge belt when you come off the throttle is is actually like pulling the brake on....it almost glides to a sharp stop which is something to be wary of.

I'll get more of a look at the weekend but i'm happy with it.

14. Sketchytom

Sketchytom Roach

Rides:
    Rally 50 you get me
    i would love that not having to use the brakes. be like riding a big single that

15. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Some pics in the meantime if you've not seen one before...it dwarfs my yamaha bw50;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. tErr0

Personal choices are personal choices. As long as you understood what the draw backs were before buying it then its fine.

For me however if I wanted a rare bike that had very similar power and was still sporty i'd get a Derby GP 250.

[​IMG]

17. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Nice bike!

You don't see many sporty "big" scooters up this way - think you boys down south have a bit more to choose from! :)

18. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    lol i was youtubing videos of the jet force last night. the old super charger whine is very cool. seems to pull well in the videos as well

however sod servicing it myself!! LOL

19. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    i think it looks nice, i have never seen or heard how a supercharger works at a scooter. should be awesome :p