J B TUNING -- BEWARE

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by scooterboy, Jun 27, 2009.

1. scooterboy

scooterboy New Member

This business is a complete rip off...DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BELOVED SCOOT WITH THESE RIP OFF MERCHANTS almost everyone i know has gone to these clowns for a rolling road tune and come out with either a make believe problem and a £150 + bill, or even worse, my friend went there for something minor and they used his scooter for their pleasure without him knowing and smashed it up !
    i went there and they tried to rip me off, i had a tune up and they said the scoot needed engine work, i agreed for them to quote me...after 6 weeks they said they couldnt do it, so i went to collect it and they wanted to charge me £150.00, for nothing, when i complained they threatened to beat me up, luckily i like those threats and i gave it to them with both barrells, they soon crapped themselves, and gave me the scoot back....be careful everone...major rip off artists...steer clear, they have also got so much diagnosis wrong, many people i know have spent lots of money with them only to have to get it put right by Kegra racing, who thankfully do a decent job.

2. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    shuda got a voice recorder and got proof they threatned to beat you up then get ur lawyer in :grin:

3. Bullet125sp

Bullet125sp New Member

Rides:
    125 SP
    i never ever go to shops id rather do it myself with help of a mate or give it to somone with respect for my bike e.g shiny

4. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    My local shop cant change a jet. Serious, no word of a lie. I had a veapa et2 back when I knew NOTHING about peds. It ran shit, took it to my local for a check over/tune up. They told me they dont know the problem and cannot fix it.

I took it home that night after not paying for the labour because they actually made my ped run WORSE!!

I ordered a set of jets, SEARCHED this forum (unlike many noobs) and found enough info to help me change the jet. Had a 65jet in there, banged a 60 in and it ran mint.

I swear down that 99% of shops do not have mechanics, they are just part replacers.. Keep replacing part after part untill the problem is fixed, which normally dont happen coz they make things worse. Then try to charge you for parts you didnt need.

And all the shops ive been to employ kids for their "mechanics", everyone in the workshop was younger than myself and im only 19.

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    no, every dealer/garage have mnechanics.. any asshole can replace a stock part wiht another...

TUNNERS are what you need as soon as you fit any after market part.. mechanics know FUCK ALL about tunning. why would they?

so ye, mechanics are great at there job, fixing broken parts and putting things back to stock. tunners are what you need to actually get more power. the majority of mechanics wont touch a tunned bike, any dealer that does is just plain out for labour cost as they aint got a fucking clue...

you dont go to a dentist for braces, you go to an authodontist. dentists fix teeth, they dont move/correct them ;) same as mechanics.. use them to fix stock bikes. not tunned bikes

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    just to add... the bike i built for a friend last year went on jb's dyno.. horible flat spot (needed lighter rollers and a smaller main jet) there advice was "malossi variators are shit, try a 180 variator... whats an electric waterpump?"

says it all...

7. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

some shops piss me off bad there are a few good ones but the bad ones make the good ones look bad i for one wont take a bike to psn as there shit and dont care about there customers i had a bike booked in and they wernt there ffs some shops are twats

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its all about who's doing what... jb CAN do great case work, they do good barrel work but know prittymuch fuck all about auto transmission.. cant nock em for traditional scoots tho, have some fuckin fast bikes.. just inexperienced with the whole auto setup thing.

psn were never any good... the dude they PAID to do there work was good (ryan saxelby) who is obviously the son of the great saxelby, king of the traditional scoot tune.

he hasent worked there in years, hence ALL the bikes psn build have fuck all warenty and last all of about 5 mins...

yes its wrong of me to slag another tunner but in my opinion theres not a single tunner at psn, just a scamming old dude who thinks he knows what he;s on about. never seen a barrel with andy's name on it. all i have heard this year is 4 bikes they built that lasted 5 mins..

i wouldent have to slag anyone off if they just plain stuck to what they know, not just have a go aqt other peoples expence (somtimes with a 3 grand pricetag) and they have the cheek to slag my work off stating i "fucked up somones port timings" maybe i didnt do it the way they did, maybe i wanted the rings to live more than a week. flat top ecxhaust ports are fast but harsh.

one bike i sent up (the afformentioned "fuck up" wasent the slightest bit faster when it came back, 300 quid port bill later and i STILL had to correct the carb as it was lean as fuck mid throttle... oh and they didnt touch the barrel. i checked.

heres an idea. have work done by people MORE than happy for you to sit in an watch them work. not secretive people who think people seing there work means they can copy it...

but ye, blah blah, auto scooter owners are useless little kids who know no better so its ok to scam them, so say the older lot anyway.

this is opinion based on fact, not maliciouse slander. im minor, not a company. so ye, im not making money from telling people what HAS happend.. i dont chat shit. i DO speak the truth, i couldent care less if i never did a single barrel for anyone anymore. i DO give a shit when friends pay thousands for a job they dont get and lasts 10 mins.

fuck shops.. stick to bolt on's. cant go wrong, want faster then buy yourself a nice powervalve 125. saves alot of fucking about