Italjet dragster 50

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Henry H, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Henry H

Henry H New Member

A week ago I bought myself a cheap dragster. Lots of nice performance parts on it and professional work done by the 3rd and 2nd previous owners 2 years ago.

However it's seem some serious abuse by the past owner who sold it tome, lots of mud everywhere, cracked fairings and deep scratches on the body, certainly has seen more than a couple of accidents.

I'm stripping it right down to the bare frame and have gotten stuck at a with some the front fairings. I'm reluctant to take off the front panel because it seems I'm going to have to take off the disconnect the front brake-line and speedo cable, I'm also dreading the front hub which looks worryingly complex to take apart and put back together

I'll post some pictures another time, but If there's anyone who has taken apart a dragster before, please let me know if these are all necessary steps and if there're any hacks.

italjetdan likes this.
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

The front hub/swing arm isn’t a big job at all
    Very simple to do there a couple of videos on YouTube, do a search.. if you can’t find anything I’ll try to explain it to you

look forward to some pics of the bike rare beasts these days

3. Henry H

Henry H New Member

Yes just got the front apart! It was actually really easy, only 4 bolts in total.

Currently I'm taking off all the electrictronics, then doingtge rest of the frame and suspension and dropping the engine last.

Sam phantom likes this.
  4. italjetdan

italjetdan New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 70
    If you need any 50cc dragster parts i have some spare from my project dragster :) DM me

Hope all goes well

5. Casper Poczapsky

Casper Poczapsky New Member

hello, i am in need of an original wiring loom for a 50cc dragster, one of the previous owners of a dragster i recently picked up butchered this one and lots of other things wrong but 1 thing at a time.

6. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

7. apriliars250

apriliars250 Member

I have just finished restoring my dragster 125. There is loads more engine tuning parts available for the 50 I'm tempted to get a 50 just for that. I need to start my build thread for mine

italjetdan likes this.
  8. italjetdan

italjetdan New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 70
    there is yes but it also comes at a cost dependant on how much bhp you want to extract from
    The engine and how . I have a 12.67 bhp engine at present but shall be building a 20bhp 70cc next year once my dragster build is running.

apriliars250 likes this.