Italjet dragster 50 newbie stupid questions...

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Jamiefknthomson, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Jamiefknthomson

Jamiefknthomson New Member

Hi I am from uk but currently living in Spain, have bought an Italjet dragster and pick it up next week but know nothing about automatic scooters.

Had Vespas years ago and ridden scooters all over Asia when I lived there but I know f-all about this bike.

What I want to know is first off is fuel. Do I need to mix my oil/fuel like on the 2 stroke Vespas or am I just putting petrol in the bike?

The guy I am buying it off doesn’t speak English and my Spanish is limited so it’s been a pain with google translate so far asking questions about the scoot.

What are the easiest modifications to get this wee bike going a bit quicker also. It’s a 2000 model 50cc dragster

Thanks

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Lovley bikes... it’s just add fuel mate and oil in a separate tank

Best mods are sport pipe and a Malossi variator it will go like a stabbed rat!

One thing to look out for on those italjet is the single front swing arm make sure it rides a steers ok there a bit fragile

Put a pic up when you get it mate

3. Jamiefknthomson

Thanks sam that’s perfect, had a couple of hondas in Thailand and Cambodia and they were separate oil tank but wasn’t sure about this as isn’t 18 years old. Will look into the variatior and pipes

Attached Files:

Sam phantom likes this.
  4. Sam phantom

Really nice mate!

Where in Spain are you? Enjoy the sun for me, weathers crap here atm! Can’t wait for the summer and get the bike out

5. Jamiefknthomson

Altea near Alicante mate, been travelling around Europe in my motorhome since beginning of last year and have stopped here to work for the summer, can’t beat the weather!
    bike is pretty clean for the age and steering seems to run pretty true with no wobble, has had a new recon engine last year. Only fault is a slight fuel leak which is getting sorted before it gets its itv test (mot) later this week.

6. Sam phantom

Sweet! have a good one mate, enjoy the sun and that bike