It ain't a Suzuki, it's a Yamaha!

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Stevep, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Off to bed now............
    see what happen's in the morning:D............. .

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

MORNING:D

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    ..........int even had time,to have a scratch & a fart yet,
    he's ragging my arse already............:D.

Stevep likes this.
  4. Super9r

Super9r New Member

Sorry Mark I don't understand your post I read the OP thread.I was just making the point the bike is an RS 100 not an RXS.Stevep as its an RS it came with round clocks,not square ones.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Sense of humour,important pre-requisate on this site.....on occasion.;). :D.

Stevep likes this.
  6. Super9r

Super9r New Member

No worries mate

7. Super9r

Super9r New Member

Steve as you are probably aware most jap bikes of the period shared a lot of bits so the round speedo from a DT
    ,RD,TY and probably,FS1E,earlier YS models would probably be the same part.Unfortunately all have become rare and sought after but you might be lucky.

Stevep likes this.
  8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I have all the time in the world to do it, and i'm a patient, but persistant little bugger at times, I know it's going to frustrate me, I know it's going to throw me some googlies somewhere along the line, but it will end up in a concourse condition, completely standard, running as it should, as it came out the factory.
    Well, maybe not as it came out the factory, but you get my drift.
    Thanks for the info on the clocks Super9r, I have a few contacts in the 'old' world that i'm already chatting up about things for this bike.

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Well now, it's made it onto the ramp to be started.
    There is a long (ish) list on the wipe board of parts that it needs, either replacement parts or new parts.
    Also after finally getting through the paint on the stem tube and being able to see the frame number and matching engine numbers, I can confirm Super9ers post that it is indeed a Yamaha RS100.
    Clocks wise, it was built with a single speedo only, no rev counter. I have found one, but need to find a new overlay for it to bring it up to scratch. I've found a couple of really good pictures showing both sides of the bike which will be useful. It will remain it's original blue colour.
    I need to buy another lead stick to repair the underside of the tank in one place, and i have a suspicion that it may have a pin hole in the side as well. Wont know until it goes in the cabinet and is stripped to bare metal.
    There will be next to nothing done on it for the next 2 weeks because i have a course to go on, with two exams at the end of it, so have to study hard.
    Looking forward to this one; it may send me down a different restoration road, older bikes rather than newer scooters.
    I'll post a few new pics later today

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i much prefer older jap bikes to newer scooters, scooters suck to work on...

11. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Really don't like that style of bike and that seating position must cause major back ache on any trip over 45 mins but each to their own

Wonder what kind of top speed you would get out of that old 100cc 2 stroke engine.

12. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Just looked it up on a YouTube video and the guy hit little over 70mph which absolutely smashes the top speed of my 125cc scooter which just about hits 55mph lol.

scubabiker likes this.
  13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

you should have seen my 2 stroke twin, that thing was a rapid little bike. this is why older bikes are very saught after....

14. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    Makes me want to build a little 2 stroke 125.........

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Got the replacement single speedo for it today in the post. Going to have the face either replaced or renovated. I've got to send a photo to them first though, they might have an issue being able to keep Yamaha name in the middle as per the original, with it being a replacement part and all. Copyright infringement and all that bullshit applies I suppose.

16. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Came to a dead stop on the Honda Express, went through the paint on the engine casing whilst cleaning it up so it'll have to come off for painting now.:mad: New gasket set ordered;
    so my eyes turned back to this one.
    It's high time I moved it on so.........................

Stripped!

IMG_20160313_173608.jpg IMG_20160313_173628.jpg
    IMG_20160313_173651.jpg IMG_20160313_180234.jpg

And the sum of its parts:

IMG_20160313_182251.jpg

I'll have a sort through during the week, make a nice pile for the powder coaters, or I might have it enameled instead. Or I might just have the frame done and do the rest myself, we'll see.
    Then there's a pile for the chromers to sort.

I think I'm going to enjoy doing that engine...........

17. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Oh why can't Bangkok be in the EU??????
    Gonna cost me a bloody fortune in import duty:(

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Feel for ya,mate.!! - get alot of my stuff from Asia,postage alone sometimes.is as much.:(.

19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Traaaaawling through the tinternet for parts, found some good new old stock, including a new fork leg inner! Could work out cheaper than having them reground and chromed.

20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

bitch dont complain about import duty.... you even know how much tax i should pay on my z28 if i want to import it for road use?

Stevep likes this.