Is your CBT stored on a online database?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by PedHead, Apr 12, 2016.

1. PedHead

PedHead Member

I have a provisional licence and take my CBT every 2 years. I have had to produce my licence and insurance details when I was caught speeding but they never asked for my CBT.
    Is it stored on a database somewhere or can you get away with not doing your CBT and just getting insurance every year?

2. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

No it is stored and although they didn't ask for it as they usually forget about the cbt you will need to present the certificate along with your provisional licence and insurance papers. If you don't have a valid in date cbt then you are not legally insured.

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

They gave you a producer just to put you to inconvenience.
    Your license status, mot, insurance, and cbt if you've had to do one, are all stored electronically.
    They know everything about you and your vehicle before they even stop you.
    If you don't renew your cbt as required, then that particular category (AM/Q) on your license gets revoked automatically, with the database being updated quite quickly.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i seem to recall CBT not being in any database, certainly not on PNC.i once asked my old man to check (he was CID) mine ran out a couple of times and i never got a fine or a reminder. best to do your full test anyway, its not difficult and you get some really good training, plus you can ride anywhere in the world....

5. Stuflo

Stuflo New Member

I would keep them safe.
    I've got a full bike license and when I got my hgv license my bike license was missing when it got updated.
    Luckily I had all certificates and photo copies of the original license.
    I'd keep them all safe if I were you as it was still a nightmare to sort it all out.