Is the petrol engine gonna be dead in 15 years.??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mark Emerson Trentham, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    U.K. government wants all cars to be electric by 2035!! -
    what's going to happen to all the decent forms of transport.???.

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

We're all doomed. I love being a petrol head! :cool:

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Looks like we're gonna be Mad Maxing it in a few.:):).

milo2025 likes this.
  4. Bankofdad

Bankofdad New Member

Don't be daft, they are just banning the sale of new petrol engine cars. I don't doubt petrol will get dearer, not to mention emission controls.

The powers that b will have to keep them or their multi million pound car collections will be worthless overnight.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I wonder if the future will bring a replacement for unleaded, like how 95 replaced 4 star and so on

6. milo2025

If petrol will one day be a thing of the past (which it will but I'll be long dead by then) I think hydrogens the way forward. Would be too worried of a flat battery in electric car (or bike).

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Pure ethanol please:D

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Salt water cars.
    Problem is you need to change the magnesium rod every time, and that's another limited source of this planet.

Why the car makers have not as yet made the roof panel and bonnets completely out of solar panels is beyond me.
    They are the two biggest panels on any car and absolutely perfect for that application. Then all you need to have is storage batteries for the electric motor.
    And before any body chimes in......you don't need brilliant sunshine to create solar energy.
    Yes, bright sunshine creates a lot of energy, but it is governed by the ability of the equipment to convert it and store it.

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Does anyone think governments will kill the golden goose when it comes to revenue petrol consumption generates !

scubabiker likes this.
  10. milo2025

Not a big problem. Synthetic magnesium silicate should solve that issue. I think salt water cars could be the answer to everything.

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Till the hug a shark brigade comes along & pleads for us to stop damaging their quality of life.:).

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

They'll always find another way to tax us to death, and even after death.
    They've already done it with the road tax on electric cars because they were losing money. They used to be free of road fund license, now it's £145 a year for any new fully electric car.
    Plus if you buy anything over £40,000, you have to pay a percentage of the cost on top of road tax for the first 6 years, then it drops to £145.
    Currently you cannot have the UK going fully electric for the basic reason that the infrastructure isn't capable of handling it. And I'm talking about the wiring at your home addresses.
    If BoJo wants us all to go electric then he'll have to re-wire the entire country to cope with the big switch on at the end of the working day.
    Currently the power required if everybody plugged in their cars would melt the cabling across the network. We'd have to build at least another 5 nuclear power stations to provide that much energy.
    And he wants to ban the production of internal combustion engines in 15 years, plus the hybrids.
    Watch how many times this target gets pushed back for various reasons, probably cost, but we can't even currently build a railway line in 10 years within budget so I severely doubt that this will come to fruition within the time stated