Iron Kit Setups - Also Read if 50cc = 80mph?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Sw1fT, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    actually a 70cc kit is road legal, so "for racing" is a load of spunk to be honest.

and a 70cc kit is the basis of the tune, not the pipe, the kit is the thing that will add the most power, a pipe will deliver it better, but the standard will deliver it none the less.

and as for tuning engines? who the fuck are you? every bike is different, this guide is a rough guide, some bikes pull very low speeds without transmission tuning, others dont.

get off your high horse and let reality hit you in the gob mate, your no better then anyone else, so shut it, gobshite.

2. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

ah u need to calm down im having too much fun pissing u off, but still i know with a pipe and 70cc you cud hit a true 60mph down hill, and y do u think so many bikes have just pipe and rollers its the first thing u do (apart from variator derestricting). and 70cc kits arent road legal ive seen a couple of polini 70 kit boxes including my old 1 and they say "Not for road use" on them and also a local shop had to sell a nrg out side the books because it had 70cc kit and only sold it for £350 nd my m8 got it going quicker than a standard 125 typhoon which a secondary gear up it got clocked by a car at 80mph+ so it werent no shitter and guess wat exhaust it had a Tecnigas RS

3. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    and my 50cc area51 with standard pipe would wipe out most kitted bikes. it dosnt work like that. you can put a 70 kit on a bike and actually go slower.

4. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    SOME 70 kits arent road legal, but some are, reregister as a 70 and you can ride it. and yeh 80mph was that halfway down beachy head? or a little bit further? think you might have been looking at the rev couter mate. Unless it had more work on it then *James* has had on his runner, which i doubt, it wont come close to 80.

and yeh people do the pipe first because its the most visual part and makes your ped look tuned, but if you actually want power gains, get a 70cc kit, the cheapest way to increase the power is to use a kit.

im not denying that you can hit a true 60, but some scooters need more then just a kit and a pipe to pull good speeds, 45 true top speed is still about 55clock speed on some clocks, which people would look at and believe.

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

They are only not road legal in other countries. As they normally only print one box for each part so they just write it on their to cover their arses.

You can legally fit a race 70cc kit to your bike if you want. You just have to be old enough and go through all the legal mumbojumbo.

The only illegal race parts we have are exhausts.

6. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

Yeh it had a mhr crank a dr 70cc kit a tecnigas next r chrome a malossi overange nd it a malossi primary and secondary gear up and everything else (not sure wat makes think mostly mhr) except a carb just had 17.5 standard and this was liquid cooled mind u it myt have been ported or sumfing cos it was similiar speed to an aerox i know with a better speck (mhr + mhr team 2 everything) it was a bit quicker than it should have been but it was an older engine and i have noticed they seem to perform better. Well the shop sed they can't sell a 70cc bike becuase they're not road legal and sold it for £350 with all that except the secondary gear up and they sold a neos with a pm tuning exhaust on

ok ill admit shitty peds such as air cooled peugeots and also katana because they have low gearing, but round my way most people have either minerelli engines or piaggio engines and theres a few speed fights but even liquid cooled speedfights with a pipe would do more than 45mph because I know one that got clocked at 70mph(downhill) by a 125 runner( which yes wont be accurate but more accurate than a 50/70 reading 70mph) and it just had a tecnigas exhaust

7. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

and what wourld are you living in

8. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    lmao exactly what i was thinking

you must live in an area where the air is 30% nitrous oxide mate

a speedshite? doing 70? mpg maybe but not mph.

your a joker, really you are.

what about the slider? thats not "shitty" its a minarelli vert, some people get about a tru 48 out of them with 70s and pipes?

and a 125 runner wont be any more accurate really, same design of speedometer, same issues.

when you were riding your nrg round in the clouds and swooping over to timbactu did you not question how you were flying? think you must be dreaming mate.

9. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

liquid cooled speedfights are quick top end and yeah a runner 125 reads less than a 50 therefore its more accurate not accurate but more accurate and i dont know if you live in an area with no hills but i did say down hill which gives u anuva 10 mph according to moped clocks sumtyms more i seen two liquid cooled speedfights clock high 50's on flat ground, actually its probably because both had tecnigas exhausts mine ped had a metrakit and i put a tecnigas on it and it went from reading 50-52mph on flat to reading 56-58mph on flat

10. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

wen did i say i had an nrg and dont know bout sliders dont they use the same engine as a booster if so all the boosters ive heard of are supposed to be quick but never seen one go over dan videos on you tube and they was quick

11. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    can we please stop these speed arguments? down hill a scooter will pull silly speeds if you tuck in. i have seen 88mph on my area51 speedo on a 3 mile downhill run. the actual speed was probably 70 tops. in reality expect to decrease your actual speed by between 10 and 15%

aka a runner speedo reads 65mph, in actual fact is pulling around 55 mph.

liquid cooled speedfights are NOT quick. a friend of mine bought one (the 306 wrc rep (lc motor)), fitted a malossi 70 kit, metrakit race pipe, 19mm carb, reeds and still got thrashed by a stock de-rezzed aerox.

the runner 125 is not much more accurate than the 50s, all scooter speedos have a large error, it's italian optimism, the most accurate i've seen was a Sym jet 50, which read 45mph when it was de-restricted.

i have 98% accurate clocks on my RD350 (tested through a specially set-up speed trap over 1 mile @ 60mph, 61 seconds to do a mile at 60 mph means my speedo reads very slightly under but that could be human error) with this bike i have clocked scooter and 50cc bike riders who claim 70 and 80 mph, it feels great telling them they were doing 55 or 60.

starts off good, but then...

and to prove you really haven't got a clue...

yep, with a steep enough hill you can quite comfortably touch over 100mph, but at the bottm you will be awaiting at the very least an air ambulance.

because it looks shiny and replcaes that horrible looking stock pipe which actually is better build quality than a technifarse that people fit

i'll have to inform my MOT tester of that next time i'm in, because he's passed various bikes iv'e taken to him with 70 kits (and even 80 kits).
    the reason they put "not for road use" on them is so they don't have to cover them on a warrenty, race parts are not warranted.

that's because it wasn't registered as a 70.

what car was it? must have been somthing like a reliant kitten that works in km/h. where was the technigas? strapped onto hi back because it broke in 2 earlier?

and sat-nav isnt always accurate, its funny, one i was using read 196mph when i was walking :confused:

12. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

nice one wobbly well said!! :D

Theres young kids on every forum who think their 49cc scooter does 60+ mph!!!

I had a very interesting argument late one night with a young kid on another forum who occasionally comes on here who was adviseing someone else to fit a yasuni c16 pipe to his scoot when all he had was a sports 70 kit :w00t:

Lets just say this young 17yr old lad mentioned baseball bats and mates of his who are well ARD and I had better watch my back if he ever met me, when i tried to advise differently..

Im not trying to pass my self off as hard but I go down the gym 4 times a week..and i can Bench 100 kilos!! but its easy to offer people out from behind a key board when theres no chance of ever meeting them :bird:

Any way these days when kids come out with ridiculous speed claims...I
    just smile and say really...thats quick isnt it ;)

13. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    haha yeh well said wobbly and dave, but hey its not all young kids! im only 16 and i dont chat crap like some of these fools!

14. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i'm only 18 and still swear my senda 50 would touch 70mph.

15. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

well comeing from you wobbly i would be inclined to beleive it!!

ive heard those sendas are as fast as fook anyway :w00t:

In 1987 I had A suzuki RG125 that on a good day would touch the ton!!

And my fave bike was the RD350LC...which i know you have 2 of!!

2 strokes....i cant get enough :D

16. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah but mine are only pretend LCs, they've got the sissy valve, makes the power delivery less evil. well slightly.

17. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

I remember when the powervalve RD"s came out brand new...

me and a couple of mates used to walk down to the yamaha show room in our lunch break at school to gaze at them :D

And when we 1st clapped eyes on the 1st RD500"s...well... :drool:

18. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    lol, yeah, i like the 500.

[​IMG]

and also wanted the 125 when i turned 17 but couldn't find one cheap enough :(

[​IMG]

19. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Oh yes the RD125LC...my best freind had one of those, but his was
    the mk1 version without clip on bars e.t.c.

They were a good bike in their day...quite peaky power delivery when deristricted and fitted with a micron pipe :D

20. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

hell yeah! mines got a micron :punk: it is quick :drool:

kcnw9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.