Increase Top End Piaggio X8 125cc

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Garry Sutcliffe, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Garry Sutcliffe

Garry Sutcliffe Member

Was given a knackered x8 which I've finally sorted thanks to you guys on here with your words of wisdom.
    Bike runs well upto 59mph not thrashed it yet, don't really want to thrash it, as it would be an ideal commuter for myself.
    Work is 30 mile around trip mainly dual carriage way(not massively busy)
    KEIGHLEY Bypass.

I would like the bike to sit at 65 if possible.
    I know the bike is probably capable being 15bhp I've had previous 125s which could manage 70, being a derbi Terra which I regret selling and a ybr.
    Currently running stock transmission,
    Not arsed about acceleration like I said this scooter is only going to be used to commute.

Am I pissing In the wind, should I just sell up ?

Btw already have malossi air filter not fitted yet as I don't have jets yet not sure which ones I'll need

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Leave as is.
    It'll hopefully be more reliable than if you tune it for a paltry 5/6mph

3. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    if itll sit at 59mph happily then your already ahead of the trucks just start leaving a little earlier if time is a issue take it easy
    as steve said just leave it be not really worth it

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    + 1 on steves comment and torpedos

59 mph is fine , and to be honest the money you will put into agang around 5-9mph aint worth it.
    adding a variator upgrade just means more money then some more cash to buy rollers to retune the variator.
    exhaust its gonna sound nice but it aint going to really stick much more horses into the motor if its a fourstroke, if its a two stroke maybe a half horsepower extra and it sounding nice, but then it means making sure the carbs jet is the right size and theres enough fuel getting in to keep everything lubed up again more work for a small gain.

5. ChloesDad

ChloesDad Piaggio XEvo Sport 125 '15

My Xevo 125 4stroke LC LEADER does 65mph easy. 70mph flat chat. I had an indicated 120KPH out of it coming down off of a fly over first week I had it!

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    fit a gear up, just assess the hill situation befor you do as steep hills mean gear ups leave no bottom and no top speed (slow you the fuck down in other words)