I'm back many years later - Last Active in 2012! a lot has changed.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by granty1991, Jun 14, 2017.

1. granty1991

granty1991 Member

Rides:
    Piaggo gilera yamaha
    Hi everyone as stated im back, a lot has changed since 2011/12 for me.

I am on the other side of my stupid Youth or so it seems.

I'v picked up a BARGAIN!!

3x Gilera Runners VX 125's
    1x Piaggio Skipper 125-180 (I think thats what it is)

one of the bikes "was" running but soon as the throttle was pulled it would die or bog out
    I found out and fixed quickly with a spare CARB in the parts buckets I was given.
    (It was a small spring loaded pin that pumped, and it was gunky and not retracting so I replaced it simply)

I used this Runner for Work commuting as I only live 5 miles away from work with a lovely B road connecting my village with work.

I was riding the Runner Home today pinned as normal going fine, but I started to notice if I pin it full lock it almost feels restrictive or possibly a fuel issue maybe but I really do not know yet.

anyway Got in and had to shoot straight back out, 6 Miles ish in and I look down at the temp gauge and its just going into the Upper Hot area.
    So I was just tickling it where I had to go them retreat home.............

I made it home with a little bit more insight into the temp gauge, The coolant tanks hissing at me but not boiling over
    I removed the dipstick (Like a Dipstick) While she was ticking over outside and she spat oil at me like an ungrateful Other Half.

I'm swaying to taking the Car to work until I know why and what has caused the temp issue.

FIRST THOUGHTS:

Thermo stat AND wiring ( On closer inspection the thermo stat wiring is twined together with electrical tape holding it)

Head Gasket

VERY VERY OLD contaminated OIL (Very watery on closer inspection)

SECOND THOUGHTS:

Sell the F***ing thing and stop playing with scooters and focus on my other things.

Take the Engine out + strip the frame TART it up and show her some loving

put it in the very back of the garage along with the other Runners and just forget about them

So there we have it, I'm un sure and un decided at this moment in time as of what I should do.

Looking forward to possibly getting some content up for everyone and pictures if the interest is there =)

cheers

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Welcome back Granty

3x runners. erm scrub a thermostat for one of the others and lob it in. could find that one is sticking a bit and causing semi boil over, check the water pump belt etc etc rubber belts degrade over time and stretch , spitting oil while running is because you opened up a closed loop system, the pump is pumping oil at pressure in the crank case and you just let that pressure out in one super large volume so the motor treated you to a black gold fountain lol .

check oil level when cold, drop the oil filter out and replace check the crank case filter plug and treat it with some fresh sticky goo amber nectar , drop off in power could be due to the overheat and poor oil circulation so its loosing power due to heat ?